2.25 || The Prodigal Young Master

When they had dinner earlier, the light from the lit torches and the bonfire still brought adequate brightness to the tents and their surroundings. However, beyond the wall Yang Wenbao and Wu Li jumped over, it was darker than pitch black, they could not see their own hands.

A tiny ball of light suddenly appeared, finally enabling the two men to be able to see one another. Wu Li looked at Yang Wenbao's upturned palm and sighed in wonder, "No matter how often I've seen it, I just can't get used to it. Are you sure you can't teach me that trick?"

The tiny ball of light was exactly formed on top Yang Wenbao's upturned palm. If one were to look closely, there were tiny sparks flashing inside the sphere.

Since Yang Wenbao received more of Lei's power, he had been training his control over it and was finally able to do little tricks such as this: condensing a portion of the Sky Deity's power into a tangible form and maintaining it close to himself. He wistfully hoped, perhaps one day, he would be able to use it as a projectile weapon.

Wu Li fidgeted a little, reaching his fingers out in hesitation, and finally pulled back. He sighed in rueful tone, "Forget it, I remember the first time I tried to touch that ball... ."

Yang Wenbao smirked. The first time he showed it to Wu Li, the latter immediately touched it and was electrified instead. Fortunately, it was only a small ball of electrical current causing nothing more than static shock. Otherwise, Yang Liyuan would still see Wu Li's hair standing to the sky the morning after.

The pair walked on and it was not long before some muffled noise was heard.

Some low grunts, as well as agitated moans of inhuman creatures.

The ball soon illuminated a small cage, barely fit for two people. In fact, there were exactly two people inside the sturdy wooden cage. From both men's peripherals, they could make out some creatures withdrawing towards the shadows in fear of the sphere light.

Yang Wenbao smiled as he saw the state of the two people inside the cage, "Well, I recall the first time you were inside, it was barely enough for the two of you. I guess you have lost some weight."

The pair inside the cage looked emaciated and disheveled, their hair strewn and filthy. However, from the attires they were wearing, one could still make out the genders.

One of them was wearing a fine silk dress, the purple and maroon color was already barely noticeable, stained with dirt and torn in places. The torn bits were unmistakably caused by some creatures' claws. However, the color and the embroidery work still visible on the dress gave the identity of the wearer - a noble female personage.

The other person to her side was wearing a simpler gown, of yellow color, embroidered with silver and golden threads. If the gown was not already torn as well in various places, one could make out the form of majestic dragons embroidered on the gown. Only one person in the whole empire was allowed to wear such a gown.

Wu Li folded his arms and watched on with a smile on his lips.

The person with the yellow gown squinted his eyes due to the sudden brightness stinging his eyes. Upon seeing Yang Wenbao's figure clearly, he could only croak one word, "...You... ."

Yang Wenbao glanced at the female who had been ignoring his arrival or perhaps feigning unconsciousness, "Consort Han, time for you to go."

The female fidgeted again slightly, clutching onto something in her palms.

Yang Wenbao and Wu Li knew she was clutching onto a fragrance pouch, containing some unique herbal mixture that could keep the monsters at bay. Wu Li himself was familiar with the Bei Sui specialty. However, looking at how their attires had been torn in places, it seemed that the mixture would not last for more than a few days.