Chapter 1 {Edited}

Author's Note:
I need advice! I'm editing this book and I want to know if you guys would like me to keep it First POV or Third. This chapter is an example of Third POV and the next is the second. Please comment which one you would rather read.

"Emma. Emma wake up, " were the words Emma heard. She let out a groan, not wanting to wake up. She flipped over so she was on her side and began to ignore the voice calling her.

Seconds later, she heard the voice sigh which made her smile. Emma snuggled into her pillow, 'I can finally have the rest I deserve.'

However, not a second later, she left liquids poured over her. Emma sat up straight, a gasp leaving her mouth. She wrapped her arms around her waist before glaring at whoever spilt water on her.

The man looked at her, holding an empty bucket in his arms. He smiled before waving at her with his hand.

"Happy birthday Emma!" The man exclaimed. He had chocolate brown hair that sparkled in the sun, and dark brown eyes.

Emma continued to glare at the man before she let out a sigh. She lied back down on her bed, "You know Dylan? The best gift you could give me for my birthday is sleep."

Emma closed her eyes, ready to go back to sleep when Dylan pulled the blanket off her. Emma opened her eyes and glared at Dylan, not bothering to say a word. Emma closed her eyes, not needing her blanket when she felt someone poking her stomach.

Emma let out a whine. She turned so she was facing him before she whined, "What do you want?"

"I want to eat breakfast," answered Dylan, a small smile on his face.

'It's almost as if he wants me to suffer,' thought Emma as she continued to stare at Dylan. She let out a huff before turning on her side, so her back was facing him. "Then go eat by yourself."

Dylan let out a whine, "But it's so lonely."

Emma grabbed her pillow and placed it over her head. "Talk to the trees. I'm sure they would love the company."

Dylan let out a huff. He crossed his arms over his chest before muttering, "I tried that. They won't answer me."

Dylan pulled the pillow away, much to Emma's dismay. She let out a groan as Dylan leaned in closer towards her ear. "I think they're mad at me," he whispered lowly.

"If you don't let me sleep, I'll be mad at you," grumbled Emma lowly.

Dylan frowned. He then pulled away and sat on the edge of the bed. "Come on, I got you a gift," was all it took for Emma to sit up straight.

"What did you get me?" she asked, curiosity in her tone. Dylan smirked at satisfaction, proud he had woken her up. "I'll tell you once we finish breakfast," he responded, causing Emma to let out a groan.

"Promise?" she said before she stared into Dylan's eyes. He nodded before he repeated, "Promise."

Emma let out another groan. She stared blankly at her hands before she looked at Dylan. "Fine, I'll get up," she grumbled causing Dylan to smile.

Emma got off her bed before she made her way towards the ladder. She lived in a tree with her best friend, Dylan as they both hated the city. It was too crowded and noisy for their appeal.

Once she was on the ground, Emma dusted the dirt from her clothes. She made her way towards the river which was not far from where she lived. She began washing her face, rubbing her eyes. She suddenly stopped and began staring at her reflection.

'Darn, I look hot,' she thought as she eyed her reflection. Emma had light brown hair that reached a little past her shoulders. She had dark, brown eyes that were almost black.