Chapter 6

Sam sighed and lifted his head from the ground. His eyes showing sadness and regret and as he began to recall the past.

"Amy and I had just arrived across the borders of the pack......

"Come on Amy," Sam said as he held his mate's hand.

Sam was excited to see his little sister. It had been almost a year since they had seen each other since Sam was busy with all his Beta duties, and today was finally his free day.

It took longer than expected to come to the pack since they had to stop many times to get presents for his family. They stopped by at many stores since the first few stores had nothing his little sister would like.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Amy said cheerfully as she laughed at her mate.

"Come on, I wanna see Dylan shift."

They both missed Dylan's birthday last year since they were at another pack, so Dylan promised them that when they came to visit, he would shift again, exactly how he shifted the first time. They could just watch the video, but Sam and Amy wanted to see it live.

Once they took a few steps forward, Sam sniffed the air and growled before pushing Amy behind him.

"Rouges!"

"Amy, run"

"No, I am gonna help!"

"Amy--

"I said No!"

Suddenly, rouges came out of the bushes, growling. There were at least ten of them, but it was nothing against two Beta's. Sadly, Sam, worried about his mate, pushed her behind a tree before turning to face the rouges.

'Don't come out!' He mind linked her before turning his attention to the rouges.

Sam shifted and growled back at the rouges, ordering them to back off. The rouges growled back at the Beta, angering his wolf completely.

The rouges pounced on him, leaving marks on his fur. Sam growled and shook the rouges off before jumping on each rouge, killing each of them.

Just as he had finished killing what he thought was all the rouges, he did not notice a rouge behind him, ready to pounce on him when,

"Nobody tells me what to do!" Amy said as she let go of the branch she was holding.

The rouge fell on the floor, whining about his head. Sam shifted back and grabbed a pair of shorts from the bushes.

Once he was, almost not naked, he sat on top of the rouge and held his throat. The rouge shifted back to human, having trouble breathing.

"Why are you here?" Sam asked, loosening his grip on the rouge.

"Kill me or not, there's nothing you can do to stop the future," The rouge said as he laughed like a madman.

"What have you done to my pack?" Sam asked angrily.

"Why don't you see for yourself?"

Sam tightened his grip on the rouge, almost killing him before letting go and heading towards the pack. He ran and ran until he had reached what was supposed to be his pack.

Everything was broken. What was supposed to be his packhouse was now a pile of wood scattered on the floor. What was supposed to be his childhood home, the Beta's household was now crushed into small pieces of wood.

Everything was gone, but that wasn't the worst part.

The worst part was all his former pack members, dead on the floor. Sam was always a people's person in his old pack. He knew everyone by their name and rank.

He felt a pain in his heart as he looked towards all of his friends, lying dead on the floor.

He felt his mate's presence behind him, shocked at the view of his pack.

He ran towards his once household, hoping to find his family.

"Mom! Dad! Emma!"

He tried and he tried but no one would answer.

"Dylan! Alpha! Luna!"

He panicked at the fact that they all might be dead. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around, hoping it was someone from his former pack but only saw Amy.

She had tears in her eyes as she grabbed his hand and lead him a few feet away from where he was standing. He was shocked to find his parents laying beside each other, dead.

He dropped on his knees, not believing reality.

"Sam--

"It's fine. This is all just a dream."

"Sam, I don't think it's a dream."

"Don't worry Amy, I'll wake up any second now" Sam said as he pinched his arm.

He tried again and again but nothing happened. It was then he realized that this was not a dream, but the reality.

Tears were streaming down his face as he stared at his parent's dead body. He never cried as a kid, always thinking that it would show weakness.

Amy hugged him from behind and cried as well.

After a few minutes, Sam looked up to find the rouge leaning against the wall, with a pair of shorts on, coughing blood up. He angrily marched over towards the rouge and grabbed his neck.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY PARENTS?"

"Isn't it obvious? The rouges killed them."

"WHERE'S MY SISTER?"

"You mean the girl who tried to run away? She's dead, along with her little alpha friend." He said as he laughed like a manic.

"THE ROUGES BURNED THEIR BODY'S TO DEATH!"

Sam threw the rouge on the ground before jumping on him and punching his face. Even after he was dead, Sam didn't stop.

He wanted revenge.

He wanted to avenge his family.

He was suddenly pulled away by his mate, who had tears streaming down her face.

"Sam, stop!"

"No, I need to teach this guy a lesson."

"What lesson will you teach him? HE'S DEAD. THEY'RE ALL DEAD"

"But--

"Sam, you need to face the truth. They're-They're gone!"

Sam grabbed Amy for a hug and breathed in her scent. He then cried, cried on his mate. Most people would think it wasn't manly enough, but he didn't care. He had just lost everything he ever loved, except his mate. He needed her right now.

They stayed like that for who knows how long until Amy got up, pulling Sam along with her.

"We have to go."

"We will send pack members to grab the bodies to bury them."

They both walked towards the car, this time Amy driving. Sam sat in the passenger's seat, squeezing what was supposed to be his little sister's present.

'I'll avenge you, I'll avenge you all' was his last thought as he fell into his sleep, full of nightmares.

Everyone was silent as they heard Sam's side of the truth. Emma and Dylan looked at each other, confused.

"So what I'm wondering is, why aren't you guys dead?"

****

Don't forget to vote!