Chapter 2

After getting my present, we decided it was time for our usual jog at noon.

Every birthday, we would go on a jog around noon either playing around or exploring a new land. Of course, we weren't dumb enough to step on another territory, well, I wasn't dumb enough.

We stripped off our clothes, including my necklace, leaving them in the tree before shifting to our wolves and going on a run.

I love how the wind blows through your fur as if you don't have a care in the world. I love the way nature sounds. The winds blowing, the sound of the leaves rustling, the birds chirping, which was kinda annoying and lastly, the sound of the earth beneath my paws.

I just felt so, so alive.

"Wanna play tag?" Dylan mind linked.

Usually, it was impossible for rouges to mindlink each other. But as Dylan has alpha blood and I have Beta blood, it worked.

I playfully shoved him to the side before running off.

"Your it"

I ran in a beeline, hoping Dylan won't catch my scent. After running for a while, I turned around to see Dylan nowhere in sight.

As I looked back up, I saw Dylan in front of me, playfully shoving me before running off.

"Your it"

Internally smirking, I ran towards him, getting ready to pounce on him when he had turned left making me bump into a tree.

"Haha, one point for me"

"Your on"

I shook my head and ran towards Dylan, only a few inches behind him. Quickly, I pounced on him making both of us tumble on the ground, making me land on top of him.

"I win"

"No," He said, flipping me over so he was on top.

"I win"

I flipped him over so I was once again, on top.

"I win"

"No," He said, flipping me over once again.

"I win"

We started flipping each more than a few more times when suddenly, my wolf, Ariza, perked up, saying someone was coming towards us.

I looked at Dylan to find him nodding his head, signalling his wolf, Cerro, also gave him the message.

In a second, Dylan was in front of me growling.

Suddenly, two wolves stepped out of the bushes and made their way towards us. I could feel their powerful aura. The head warrior with some other warriors.

Too bad for them, they are dealing with an alpha and a beta.

The head warrior shifted into a naked man. My eyes opened wide and I closed them, not wanting to see anymore. Sure, I saw Dylan naked a few times but I still didn't want to see them.

By the time I had opened them, he was wearing shorts and staring at Dylan and me, well more specifically our fur.

See, when shifted, every alpha has black fur, that is something all Alpha's have in common, including Dylan. And when a Beta shifts, they have brown fur. However, because of a reason that we won't discuss now, I have white fur with patches of brown fur. And lastly, when every gamma has shifted, they have grey fur. And when a normal pack member shifts, they have red fur. And lastly, when a rouge shifts, they have orange fur.