Chapter 22

"Haha very funny Jack, now open the cell." Darrius chuckled as he stood up from the ground.

"I'm not kidding Darrius."

Darrius paused before looking Jack in the eyes, "Y-You mean, y-you actually—"

"Yes."

Darrius stared at Jack, his face full of anger. Jack turned away, not wanting to look at his hateful eyes.

After a few minutes of silence, Jack turned around curiously, to find Darrius's face heating up.

"D-Darrius?"

As Jack took a few steps towards him, Darrius pulled him forward, making Jack's head hit the cell, which was made of wolves bane, a metal that weakens the wolves' strength.

Jack groaned as Darrius growled before pulling Jack up towards him.

"I TRUSTED YOU! YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE I'VE TOLD ABOUT MY PAST! YOU PROMISED YOU'D HELP ME! HOW COULD YOU!"

Jack pushed Darrius's hand away from him and took a few steps back before turning so his back was facing Darrius. Jack tried to remain calm but unfortunately, Darrius was no help.

"WAS ALL OF OUR FOURTEEN YEARS OF FRIENDSHIP NOTHING TO YOU?!"

Jack turned around at the statement, his eyes flashing.

"NO, IT WASN'T!"

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!"

"I'M HELPING YOU!"

" HOW! TELL ME JACK, HOW IS THIS," Darrius yelled gesturing all around the cell, "HELPING ME!"

Jack sighed before he plummets to the floor, his hands holding his face.

"Because I was once like you Darrius."

"What do you mean?"

"Remember all those times when you asked how I became a rouge in the first place, and I changed the topic?"

"Yeah," Darrius said as he sat on the floor, his back against the wall.

"Well, it's time I tell you."

"Anyways, it all started when I was a kid. I was the next alpha for my pack. Being the only child, I didn't think there would be any competition for the alpha position. But then, he came along."

"It was my fourteenth birthday, the day I was supposed to shift. He kidnapped me and attached me to some weird wires."

"I don't remember much except when it came time for me to shift, he put me in this weird cube."

"I woke up the next day, in my wolf form... with orange fur."

Orange fur was the colour that wolves with no place in a pack, more specifically rouges, shifted into.

"I raced back my pack to find out he had killed my whole pack."

"I found a few pack members  who were survivors, only to find out they were working undercover for the kidnapper."