Chapter 26

"Emma, I want a milkshake!" Amy whined as she paused the movie. I grumbled before entering the kitchen to make her a milkshake.

It's been almost six months since the incident with Jerry, a lot of time has passed and a lot of things have changed. One of them being that Amy was now eight months pregnant, explaining her behaviour earlier.

Lately, she's been feeling, hungry, all the time. And since Sam wouldn't leave her alone at their house, she came with him here when he went to Hunter's office.

I sighed as I walked back to the living room and handed Amy her milkshake. She then unpaused the movie and turned all her attention towards the tv, while sipping her milkshake.

We still haven't found Jerry yet, he hasn't come back yet, worrying everyone. Once we told everyone else about the message, they all agreed we should prepare for the war, however, we are at a disadvantage as we don't know where they're hiding.

Dylan and Sarah have decided to say with us after the news of the letter so that Dylan would share the techniques he had learned from Darrius and Jack.

The worst thing that happened these past few months was that Amy, Sarah, Lisa and I weren't allowed to leave the pack.

At first, Hunter banned me from leaving the house. I yelled at him, saying it was my life to live. We fought and in the end, Sam ended up banning me from leaving. The same thing happened with Sarah.

And Amy, being eight months pregnant, could barely walk around since she was too lazy. And as for Lisa, John and all of her family relatives have banned her for leaving the pack, so we're all stuck here.

"What time do you think the boy's meeting will end?" I asked Amy, who had already finished her milkshake.

"I don't know, why are you asking me so many questions? Who do you think I am."

I quietly scootched away from Amy before sighing and spacing out. Ever since Amy was pregnant, her mood swings have been, awful. She's been yelling non-stop, at this point, everyone can't wait for her to give birth.

"Emma!" Amy yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts

"Yes?" I asked as I turned around to face her.

"I'm going to go home, tell Sam that I had to pee?"

"What if he comes out in like an hour?"

"Tell him I had to pee."

"But no one can pee that lo—"

"Goddammit, just tell him I had to pee!" She yelled. I flinched before nodding my head and raising my hands up, as a term of surrender.

She took a deep breath before she walked out of the house.

I let out a sigh and ran my fingers through my tangled hair. I decided to spend the rest of the day at the library, having nothing better to do.

Lately, I've been spending all my spare time in the library, reading books about past vampires. It's so interesting reading about what caused the one worldwide species to become we thought was extinct.

Most of the books I've been reading either have pages missing or they don't go too much into detail.

So far, the most important thing I've learned is that a vampire can be killed with Dark Magic, which can only be casted by witches, who are extinct, hopefully.

I opened the library doors and headed for the bookshelves. I picked out a dusty old book that looked like it hadn't been read in years.

As soon as I had opened it, dust flew out around the room. I kept coughing as the dust flew up in my nose. I quickly closed the book and in a minute or so, I had my breath under control.