Chapter 10

"Mom, she's sleeping."

"No, I'm not waking her up."

"No, we didn't mate yet."

"I don't know how many babies we'll have. That's for us to decide."

"Two girls and a boy."

"I think two boys and a girl," I said yawning as I stared at Hunter, who was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Mom, I'll call you back. She woke up."

"No, you can talk to her tomorrow."

"Bye, mom."

And like that, he hung up his phone.

"Why am I here? I remember falling asleep in the living room with Sam."

"You did, but then I carried you back here after you slept."

"And when was that?"

"About an hour after you left."

"What were you talking about with your mother?" I asked, changing the conversation.

"She was talking about how she wanted to meet you and how she wanted grandbabies as soon as possible."

"Where is your mother actually?" I asked curiously.

"My parents visit packs around the country forming alliances. No specific reason, they just like meeting new people and travelling."

"You must have been lonely. All alone in this house."

"Nope. My parents kept pressuring me to find my mate or to stop working for a while. Besides, they left a few months ago- the best few months of my life- and they're coming back tomorrow with my sister."

"You have a sister?"

"Yep. She's younger than you. She turned eighteen a few months ago and she didn't find her pack in our pack. So, my parents suggested that she came with them since her mate was probably in another pack."

"Has she found her mate yet?"

"No."

"Anyways," He said changing the conversation, "Let's go have breakfast."

Like that, he carried me bridal style and walked towards the door.

"I have legs, you know."

"I know, I just like carrying you."

"I can't lie and say I hate you carrying me."

He chuckled and smiled, showing his dimples. I smiled back at him, making him lean in.

I closed my eyes and leaned in as well when...

"DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!"

I was then carried off of Hunter's arms and into Sam's. He threw me onto his back and glared at Hunter.

"This close," Hunter muttered.

"What the hell do you think you were going to do with my sister?"

"Kiss her," Hunter said.

"Not a chance."

Hunter growled at Sam, making me sigh.

"Guys, you said you would be nice."

"I am being nice!" They both exclaimed.

"Sam put me down."

Sam put me on the floor and I dusted myself before continuing my point.