9. Perky perks.

Logan

*****

"Are you following me?"

Her voice was something I didn't expect to hear, but I was sure it was her. Following her? What the hell did she think this was, a C-list movie?

I turned towards her and scoffed. What I didn't expect was to straight away be taken aback once again, I'm not ashamed to admit by her deep, dark big eyes.

I never seen that shape of eyes on anybody else for a very long time. Last time, it was three years ago on a woman who was no longer with us.

My mom.

Without even a proper plan, I found myself taking a big step towards her. She was startled for some reason. I saw that, but I was already walking towards her, and there was no turning back.

The closer I got to her the more a plan formed in my head. She was cute, her big eyes watched me and for reasons I didn't know, I wanted to see some kind of reaction from her. Any reaction, it didn't matter, so I didn't stop until there was almost no space between us.

Words tumbled from my lips before my brains could really form meaning. I liked my male impulses and if it was in a physical form standing in front of me, I would have given it a high five.

"Did you want me to be following you?"

She went rigid. Like she was torn between making a very important decision.

"All you have to do is ask."

I waited for an answer. I knew what she would say. She was innocent to some degree, but she was also feisty. She just didn't show it to anybody. I wanted to tap into that side of her. Oh, I so wanted to.

"You wish!"

Perfect. Just perfect!

I stood up and with a final smirk, I left her. I had a business to take care of. After all, this was my Garage.

The perks of being the owner of a place where you find people you didn't expect to find standing there, but then again when you think about it, it makes sense. Unless, she was meeting one of my employees, but for some reason I hoped to God she wasn't, was quite a perk.

I walked straight to my office and brought up the files of all the newest cars that needed to be fixed on the computer.

On the search bar, I typed her name.

Yes, I knew her full name. Suzy mentioned it at the hospital and no, I wasn't clinging onto it not to forget it or anything absurd like that. Her name was just one of those names you just don't forget. Like some of the iconic big names like Peter Parker, or Matt Murdock, or someshit like that. Amelia Alfred, see what I mean?

Everything was right there.

From her name to her car to her address to her phone number.

Her address I already knew.

Okay, I see how this all sounds like. I promise I'm not some stalker freak. You all know how I know her address already, and I was just interested in finding out the reasons for her being outside.

About her phone number... well, a guy always needs more contact numbers. So, I saved it on my phone. I wanna clarify something here. I wasn't going to call her. Not unless she wanted me to.

I checked what the problem with her car was and found out it would take at least three more days to be properly done. Three more days of her not driving by herself.

When I saw her looking at me earlier today on that assembly ground, she still reminded me of the crazy side of her I met, but she looked less crazy out there. Decent. I wanted to go to her and say something. Definitely to ask about her arm, how she was doing, you know, mundane stuff like that, but Charlotte stood in front of me like a damn unmovable tree trunk with nothing important to say.

She is a good lay, or was a good lay, but all my feelings for her were fading. Fast. At this point, I just tolerated her because of how close our parents used to be and I guess that just stuck with us.

I should answer another question I know you guys are dying to know from me.

What do I think of Amelia? What are my intentions? Why I am being like the way I am?

The answer is.

I don't know. I don't know and a big I don't know.

I find the girl interesting. Very interesting and I can't help wanting ... I don't even know I can't help wanting what.

Not yet anyway.