42. What in the name of Satan is actually... Bloody hell.

Logan

*****

Amelia lost faith in me.

I could see it in her beautiful dark eyes. Every time she smiled, I could see it. That smile. It wasn't the same sparkling smile I got used to. One that lit my whole world. It was different, a bit strained. What really got me to see the loss of faith was the uncertainty and doubt in those same eyes every time my phone would ring.

I knew I was lying to my teeth when I told her I only slept with those girl's way before I met her, but what else could I have done? She was different from them. More fragile, and I couldn't lose her.

Shit!

Did I just say I couldn't lose her? What the fuck was happening to me?

I didn't know when I'd gotten to the point of having thoughts like 'I couldn't lose her.' That wasn't me, but for some reason, there I was.

And then, there was a fact of me hating myself for putting her through everything she went through. I was literally on my way to make it up to her when I found her in that classroom. I was so close, and fucking Charlotte made it worse.

I can't tell you what I saw in her. No doubt she was beautiful, but other than that, I really can't remember what I saw in her.

After the taxi dropped me off at school, I walked a short distance to my car and sat inside. Not quite ready to drive home just yet. The parking lot was mostly empty, so I took that time just to be quiet and think. I had received a message earlier from my sister about some office employee apparently had fucked up a client's car, and with the bad mood was in, I knew if I decided to go to the office at that moment, I would fire the unfortunate bastard.

How in the world does one even fuck up a client's car in the first place? I mean, weren't the instructions clear?

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I reached up and planted my fingers at the space between my eyes. Lately, it felt like everything was just pissing me off.

The sound of my phone vibrating inside my pocket brought me back from my thoughts. Letting out another irritated sigh, I reached down and took it out. My WhatsApp Icon blinked, indicating there was a new message.

I should tell you this. When I opened the message, I didn't think it was something that was going to make my already flaring anger, skyrocket.

The poor phone in my arms was almost to the point of breaking from the way I clenched it. My teeth ground against each other in frustration as I took a good look at the message.

Shared.

Meaning, a lot of students been sharing that same message over and over.

There we were in broad daylight. Me and Amelia in a parking lot. Amelia snuggling deep in my chest, crying her eyes out and me, holding her close, not letting her go.

After my initial anger, the sight just broke my heart. She looked drained, tired. The natural, almost glowing aura that usually seems to be around her all the time was not there anymore.

And had she lost weight?

She didn't look at all like the lively, awkward, beautiful girl she usually was. She looked like she had given up, or very close to it. What made me want to bash someone's head in, was the super-wide off the mark caption underneath the video.

'When the dude doesn't want you; Cry, cry, cry. It just might work.'

I hit my steering wheel in anger. I didn't think there was anybody in the parking lot much less for them to be recording things. Students were so fuckin dramatic. I couldn't even imagine what Amelia was going to feel once she saw that message. She was probably going to lose her shit for good this time. Honestly, I didn't think the poor girl could handle anything else against her.