26. Circus Freaks.

I woke up a new woman!

For the past few days, I think I had my head shoved far up my derrière I started having a crowded mind. But for the first time, I felt like I could see clearly again. I woke up looking forward to going to school. Logan and I were on good terms. No--excellent terms.

We almost kissed, again, and I couldn't wait for the talk we would have.

Whatever was going on between us, I wanted more of it. I wanted to put a name to it. I wanted our footing to match. I wanted clarification for the sake of both of us.

"You're in good spirit this morning." Mom raised her eyebrow and took a sip of her coffee. "Had a good sleep?"

"Hey, mom. Actually, yeah. I had a good sleep. But also, I'm in a good mood because I'm looking forward to school, that's all."

"Really? So, the kid who was here a few nights ago, Logan, was it? I'm assuming, it's the same Logan that got you asking me those questions the other day. Isn't he?"

I blushed; I had forgotten that little fact about the two of them.

"Yeah, um, that's him." Ahem, I cleared my throat. "What did he say to you anyway?"

Her lips pulled aside in a knowing smile. "Nothing much." She raised her coffee cup and took another sip. When she was done, she looked at me, and I knew she had more to say if the beam in her eyes were any indication.

"So, I'm guessing he's the reason you are in this mood? "

"Jesus, mom." I shook my head. "I think so, yeah, but I'll tell you later when I am sure of what's going on with us. But until then, I gotta go, or I'm gonna be late."

I kissed her on the head then headed out into my car, ready for the day ahead.

*****

"Have you seen Logan today?" I asked Suzy the moment I saw her in the schools' hallway.

"Hello to you too, Amelia. I'm fine, thank you, how are you? Wait whenever you are this giddy like a schoolgirl, it usually means that you are in a good mood or you are interested in some information. Does this mean that you and Logan are in the okay term?"

Okay was the lightest word she could have used.

I blushed.

"Well, we kinda talked yesterday. I went to his house in the evening. Oh, you are not going to believe what happened. Wow, it was such a drama when I got there, I'm telling you it..."

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Amelia, the slut!"

I flinched.

See, I knew she was inevitable; I knew that for a fact. I knew I would run into her sooner or later, but I was hoping it would have been later. I was hoping it would have been somewhere private. Somewhere away from the prying eyes of students. And I so much hoped, just like that moment, I wouldn't have been alone. Charlotte was never alone. Being alone one on one with her would have been the biggest mistake.

This was the girl who loved to play it rough.

Suzy stiffened before she and I slowly turned around only to come face to face with the brazing eyes of Charlotte and the full force of her puppy followers.

I took a deep breath, bracing myself for another drama coming my way. And boy, drama it was.

"Snatched any other girl's boyfriend lately, or just mine for now?"

Charlotte was there for a fight, and the moment she raised her hands and fiercely crossed them against her full-on display cleavage with no care in the word, I knew she was waiting for that moment, and what did I do in return? Like a gullible little girl who knew she was backed to a corner with no hope of escaping, I opened my mouth and spoke pretty stupidly.