Ch. 3

I ran into the left elevator since the right one that Emily was in had just closed. When the elevator opened I ran out and saw Emily about the leave the building. I ran and grabbed her arm.

"Stop!"I said taking deep breaths.

"Angel someday that kid has to learn that he messed with the wrong one," she said.

"Don't do this again," I said pulling her arm.

"You don't deserve this Angel," she said with apologetic eyes.

"We will work it out on our on" I said. She shook her head and looked away from me. I could tell she was close to tears. Emily the woman who didn't cry for anybody.

"Work it out on your own? You mean the kiss and makeup method y'all have been doing for the last five years? That's seem to be working just fine for you I mean look at you know Angel you look happy to me," she said sarcastically.

I put my head on her shoulder and cried. Five years we have been doing the same thing and this is probably why our relationship has not progressed much since my junior year in college when we started dating.

"I will do something different," I said through the tears. "If he doesn't show any change I promise I will be the one to do something different," I said.

After a moment Emily started patting my back.

"You promise?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yes," I said.

"Good, because I'm tired of seeing you cry and get hurt," she said. We went back up to the room and talked over dinner.

"I'm going to get some wine, apple juice?" She asked as she went to the fridge.

"Yes please," I said. Any amount of alcohol other than a sip made me drunk. She came back with a glass of wine for her and a cup of apple juice for me.

"I called to have your car picked up,"she said.

"Thanks," I said while sipping the cold juice.

"You have to call this number to pay and whatnot," she said handing me a business card.

"I should probably start working some extra hours at the office. I'll pay off the car while Ross is away in Kansas.

"That's smart," she said. "Let me know if you need any help,"she added.

"It's okay, it shouldn't be to much," I said.

"I you need to stop pay your half of the rent to pay off the car faster let me know," she said. I shook my head.

"I got it," I said. Emily and I have been living together since we were freshman in college. She know everything about me and vice versa. I almost convinced that we are blood sisters.

Later that night I stayed up thinking about Ross and I. What am I suppose to do, am I suppose to do anything? I loved this man. I wasn't just going to simply give up. What ever I'm suppose to do I pray it just comes to me because right now I'm clueless.

I went to my room and sat on my bed. On my dresser was a picture of Ross at my graduation years ago. The sad thing is we don't look any happier now. In fact we look the same. Is love suppose to be that way?

Ross was my first love and so far my only, I do t know what else to expect but for some reason I keep expecting something more than this.

I woke up and saw my clocked said the time was 8:03. What! I jumped out of bed making myself lightheaded. I grabbed my plushie alarm clock and it really was the right time.