Ch. 4

We sat down and I had been typing the important things that they were saying.

I look up to see the CEO watching me. He could at least look away when I look. It would make me less embarrassed. I went back to typing as they continued to say important things.

"I like the second and third themes but my current office has more of a modern theme to in and I've been carrying that throughout all my offices,"Calvin said.

"Do you have any pictures of your current offices and building?" Kevin asked. The guy beside the CEO open up one of his many folders and past some pictures down. He then went back to writing.

Kevin looked through them and so did some of the other employees. I took a break from typing and looked up at the screen where some themes about the suggested designs were written.

"You want to carry this same theme throughout all your buildings?" Kevin asked while looking at the pictures. "They are very nice and clean, should be an ease to duplicate the styles,"he added.

"That's good to hear" Calvin said.

Emily who was next to me handed me some of the pictures and I couldn't help but be at awe. His style was very clean and nice in all the building but it was indeed all the same.

I leaned in closer to Emily's ear.

"It's nice but boring," I said quietly. She nodded in agreement. I looked up to see the CEO staring at me. Did he hear what I said? Probably not.

I looked back at my computer and began to fake type.

"May I ask what you think?" The CEO asked. I looked up to see him still looking at me. Emily and the others looked at me also.

"No," I said. I wasn't a good liar and my truth might get me fired.

"Angel?!" Kevin said a little shocked. "Give the CEO your opinion," he said. I looked up at the CEO  and he had a smirk on his face.

"Fine," I said. "Your style is very clean and modern, I'm sure it appeals to a lot of people,"I said.

"But.." the CEO said knowing I had more to say.

"It's kind of boring," I said. Kevin dropped his pen and his jaw.

"W-what?!" Kevin stuttered. "Ang-,"he started but Calvin cut him off.

"I really want to know what she thinks," he said. I stand up and walk to the screen. I put to one of the styles.

"Your style is nice and the consistency is commendable. I'm sure you have a lot of fans and people who invest in your company but I think that mixing your style which is nice along with a style such as elegant, you can maintain the current fans and or investors while drawing some new attention from people who find these other styles much more appealing," I said. I turned and he was looking at the screen.

"I never thought of it that way," he said. "You have a unique way of looking at this project and I like it," he added.

"Thank you," I said.

"Well you see, she is one of our best designers here," said Kevin. Such a two faced creep.

"Is that so?" The CEO asked. 

"It is," Emily chummed in. What the hell is she doing. I looked over at her and she winked at me ever so slyly.

"Well if she is apart of this project then I will have to agree with her idea and I say let's take the next step forward," the CEO said.

"Yes sir, she is apart of this project and we are glad to do business with you," said Kevin a little to happily. I wasn't even apart of this project, I still have a project I need to complete.

"We'll contact my assistant with the next meeting we'll have," the CEO said as he got up and him and his assistant left.

The other designers and employees started to leaving the room as did I.

"Angel wait," Kevin said as I was about to leave."make sure you stay in contact and updated with the members of this project because your part of this team now," he said.

"But sir I have another project I still have to complete," I said.

"Angel this project will pay you more than what ever little project your doing right now. I give the project your working on to someone else. Now make sure you do what I said," he stated.

"Yes sir," I said as I gathered my laptop and folder. As soon as I walked out Emily was waiting there.

I guess I was grateful  to get this project. Considering I need the money to get my car fixed. We get paid a certain amount of money per hour but you get paid with a different check from some of the profit made from the projects. 

"Did you notice the way the CEO was staring at you," she said. Every time we in the presence of a new guy Emily tried to put me on him.

"Yes, because I was speaking," I said.

"What about the way he asked for your opinion and no one else's," she pushed.

"That was merely because I was caught whispering to you," I said. She shook her head.

"I know I say it all the time about different guys but this one in really into you," she said. I laughed as she walked away. Such a weirdo, I've given up on trying to find ways to fix her.

I walked down the hall as I looked in my folder.

"This is how you ran into me earlier," said a voice. I looked up to see the CEO. "You weren't looking where you were going. While I do t mind it someone else might cause an issue," he said.

"I'll pay attention from now on then sir," I said walking around him but his hand caught mine.

"I need to speak with you for a second," he said. I looked down at mum's hand in his. The was a momentary warm feeling before I pulled my hand from his.

"Ok," I said calmly.

"I really liked your ideas back there," he said.

"Thank you," I said. He reached into his suit and pulled out a card and handed it to me. "What is this," I asked looking at the card but not taking it. He grabbed my hand and put it in it.

"It's my business card," he said. 

"Oh," was all I said when I removed my hand from his once again losing the momentary warmth that was there.

"I would like you to contact me when you have any other ideas or update," he said as he put his hand in his pockets.

"Alright then," I said looking everywhere but him.

"Would you like to go for a cup of coffee," he asked. My eyes darted to his and I could feel that they were as big as saucers.

"Wh-no," I said. Why did he just ask me for coffee? I have a boyfriend? Do I look thirsty? 

"Alright then see you later-,"he said reaching for my chest. What the hell?! This creep!

"W-what are you doing sir," I asked him as the words stuttered out my mouth. He step closer to me this time reaching my chest again only to hold my name tag.

"Angel? See you later Angel," he said quietly. He walked around me and off he went. He could have asked me for my name.

What just happened? Why did he do that? And most of all why is my face hot and heart heart one hundred miles per hour?

***

-have you ever like some else when you were with someone? 🖤

Follow me on istg @xbornbeautifulx