Ch. 7

I walked into the office with the same outfit I went to the Club in and yes, it grabbed peoples attention. When I sat down I opened my phone and saw I had 46 missed called and 32 text messages from Emily.

I sent her a text saying I'm at work. I tried to work on the Danielson project but it kept me thinking about last nigh and what I did. 

How could I do this to Calvin. Yeah we had a fight but we didn't break up. How am I suppose to tell him I kissed another man and almost had sex with him?

"Angel, tomorrow the team is-," Kevin started. "What the hell are you wearing?" He asked. I looked down at my skin tight creme dress.

"I-," I started but got cut off. God please don't let me get fired.

"She had an emergency last night and didn't have time to change into something more suitable for work. Now if you don't mind she doesn't want to talk about it right now," said Emily as she walked into the office. 

She was two hours early.

"Um...ok," Kevin said. "Well what I was saying before, I'm taking the designing members of the Danielson team to Danielson Co. tomorrow to take pictures and get a 360 visual of the place," he said. 

I wanted to bang my head against a wall. Danielson Co. is the last place I want to go right now or ever. I didn't want to face I man I almost cheated with.

Kevin walked out as Emily walked in and next to me. For a second she just looked at me. Eyes rooming my body quickly. Then suddenly she hit me.

"What the-," I said grabbing the arm she hit. She looked down at me as her eyes begin to water.

"Assuming that I don't see any blood or injuries on your body, you didn't call me because," she said quietly so no one else would here.

I looked up at her and saw her trying to hold back the tears. This is the second time this week I almost made Emily cry.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her down to sit next to me. I then hug her and patted her head.

"I was drunk," I said. She tried to lift her head to look at me but I pushed it back down. 

"You still could have sent me a text or voice mail saying you were alright," she said.

"I do t know if I was?" I said.

"What do you mean?" She asked. Emily knee everything about me. I knew I could trust her with my life so I didn't hesitate to tell her.

"Last night after I got drunk I went to a hotel with a guy and almost slept with him," I said my voice nearly above a whisper. No amount of force could hold Emily down this time. She jerked her head and looked at me with big eyes and a smile.

"You broke up with that poor excuse of a kid?!"she said loudly.

"No and shhhhh!" I whispered yelled at her looking around the room making sure no one was watching us but they were all doing their work.

"Well who cares about the kid anyway, do you have someone else you like," she says. I looked down at my fingers.

"No, but the guy I went to a hotel with yesterday was Calvin," I said. She just kind of stared at me confused. "Calvin Danielson the CEO," I added. Her eyes grew big and so did her smile. 

"I told you that man has some feeling for you," Emily said. "Ah thank god, someone finally answered my prayers," she said lifting her hands up.

"You don't get it do you Emily?" I said. "I kissed this man and almost had sex with him," I said. She sighed.