chapter 12: second round preliminaries the first match.

It's the first round of the preliminary matchups and naruto was eager to find out who he would be fighting.
Currently naruto was carving wooden figures of the the tailed beasts based on what kurama said the other eight looked like. Why was he doing this you may ask???. It's simple really. Naruto had done his research on Gaara and his siblings and kankuro was a puppet user so naruto decided to make his own puppets. The only difference is that naruto made his from his wood release he even had ones of his parents. The first hokage hashirama senju and the second hokage tobirama senju. In fact when naruto showed them to Hiruzen he couldn't believe how life like they looked. To make things even scarier was when naruto had asked tsunade for her grandfather and granduncle's old shinobi uniforms and armor which only added to the authenticity of the mokuton puppets when naruto was asked why he made puppets of his parents and the senju brothers he said.

"I want people to know that there is still a reason to believe in the Will of fire.
That there's more than one way to honor our villages greatest heroes of the hidden leaf village. I've also got miniature versions of the the tailed beasts. I've studied puppetry jutsu and how to use chakra strings. It's fascinating really. I never knew The multiple different things that you could do with the wood release and what you could make it into with a little bit of chakra shape manipulation and  your imagination. I can also use one handed hand seals. Did I forget to mention that???. Huh. Must have slipped my mind. Later old Man!!!."

Hiruzen began banging his head off of his desk and knew that naruto wasn't telling him what else he could do. But knowing naruto....he wouldn't be surprised if naruto could combine all of his elemental affinities into the sub elemental categories.
What's next naruto using ice and lava style Ninjutsu from The hidden mist village!!??.
It wouldn't surprise him at all if that was the case.
He did have a wind and water elemental affinity after all so anything was possible. he was beginning to think that naruto was becoming too powerful to be a chunin and should just be promoted straight up to the rank of jonin. If not hokage at this point.  Naruto just kept surprising Hiruzen over and over again and the surprises would just keep coming.
The proctor genma shiranui then said.

"Will naruto uzumaki and subaku Gaara please report to the center of the arena.
All other contestants please go to the stands and wait for your names to be called for your matches. Naruto just sat there and instead of going to the center of the arena he stuck himself to the ceiling with chakra while his wood clone took his place.
Genma then started The match and noticed that naruto didn't look like he should. He was moving to slowly. Plus were those chakra strings he saw???.
Did naruto know puppetry jutsu???. Suddenly a kunai with a letter attached to it landed next to him and he picked it up and read it as The letter frightened the hell out of him. The letter said..

"I'm going to blow up my puppet with my explosive wood puppet jutsu. Get everyone clear. And i mean everyone."

Hiruzen then spoke to genma through sign language and asked.

"What does The letter say???".

And Genma signs back to Hiruzen.

"We need to clear the arena floor. Look up above us."

Hiruzen then looked above them and said to the council members.

"We're going to have to get off the floor I'm afraid."
Hiashi then asked.

"Why is that Lord Hokage???. What are you not telling us that we should know about???."

Hiruzen then points up at the ceiling and said.

"That's the real naruto on the ceiling. The naruto in front of us is an explosive wood clone puppet. Use your Byakugan hiashi and Tell me.. what do you see???."