chapter 16: ANBU captain naruto. the Hokage's right hand.

The chunin exams finals had ended and the konoha 12 were all present in the Hokage's office where Hiruzen Sarutobi was about to hand out the promotion to chunin.

However... only a select few caught his eyes that deserves to be given a higher promotion two people in particular exceeded his expectations and that was naruto and Hinata.

Kiba had lost to kankuro and wasn't promoted shino aburame however managed to beat kankuro and was made chunin for his acceptional strategy and field assessment skills.

Shikamaru was also made chunin along with neji who was given a double promotion to jonin.

When all the promotions were announced and the vest handed to them they were asked to leave the room.

Hiruzen then said.

"Naruto.. Hinata. As I understand it the two of you are a very effective team and work well together am I correct???."

And naruto said.

"You better believe it old Man of course we work well together why wouldn't we???. What's this all about anyway???."

Hiruzen just chuckled and said.

"Still impatient as usual naruto. And Hinata. You have definitely matured yourself.Your no longer that shy academy girl who's always watching naruto from a distance anymore.

Your a strong confident and proud
Kunoichi of the hidden leaf village. It's these qualities that makes you two work so well together which is why I am going to give both of you a special promotion to the rank of jonin ANBU BLACK OPS.

Naruto. Because of your... guardian kurama. Your code name will be golden Fox. Hinata you will be code name blue eagle.

Your to report to the ANBU BLACK OPS Head quarters for your uniforms effective immediately. You will be a part of my protection detail and you are to keep the peace within the village.

Your first mission as ANBU will be security detail of our nation's boarders after that you can deliver a scroll to the other four kage regarding peace negotiations hopefully we can come to a compromise where everyone wins.

Tsunade... you will be made my appointed successor to the throne of hokage no questions asked.

And no back talk. I'm nearly 80 year's old and someone else has to take my place. That someone is you."

Naruto then said.

"With All due respect old man. What makes you think she's the best suited person to take over the village???.

Her gambling and drinking habits are going to be an issue with that and jiraiya would abuse the title of hokage just to get those mixed hot springs put in all around the village so he could spy on woman all day.

You ask me if anyone deserves to be the fifth hokage then I vote for orochimaru."

Orochimaru was shocked!!!.
Naruto was putting in for a vote of confidence in orochimaru to be made the next hokage!!!.

Why would he do that he wondered.
If anything he had a better chance of being made a Sensei to a team of gennin!!!.

Orochimaru then asked and said.

"Forgive me for not being able to completely understand why you would want to have me as the hokage naruto. But wouldn't I be more useful as a Sensei???."

And naruto said.

"No way!!!. Here's how I see it. Between The three of you.
Your the smartest. Jiraiya is the strongest. And tsunade is the healer.