𝘵𝘸𝘰

02; uninvited visitors

    Steve Rogers took Bucky's journal from atop the fridge

    Steve Rogers took Bucky's journal from atop the fridge. The Captain pulled the small leather bound book open skimming over a few pages, "Heads up, Cap. German Special Forces approaching from the south." Steve still partially focused on the book, responded quietly, "Understood."

After reading a few more sentences, the Captain felt the presence of another behind him. Slowly, turning, he found Bucky Barnes staring at him from the corner. "Do you know me?" It was silent for a moment, El growing a bit wary outside. "You're Steve. We read about you in a museum."

   "We?" Bucky only glanced to the door before calling, "Eleven." A small bald girl pushed the door open, peering inside. Steve's eyes widened, going back, and fourth between the two. "Is she yours?" Bucky shook his head. Before he could respond, the voice in his ear piece spoke up, "They've set the perimeter."

Steve let out a sigh, placing Bucky's journal on the counter. "I know you're nervous. You have plenty of reason to be, but you're lying." El cocked an eyebrow at the insinuation coming from the Captain. Hero, or not, who was this man to come into their apartment, and start calling them liars?

    Bucky ignored the comment, "I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore." Steve took a step forward doing his best to be as non-hostile as possible. "Well, the people who think you did are coming here now, and they're not planning on taking you alive."

"That's smart. Good strategy..." Bucky glanced at the twelve year old girl standing by the door before continuing, "but I'm more concerned about how I'm gonna get her out of this. Because she's all that matters." El's lips lifted upwards into a smile.

    Before farther stating her happiness at the words, thumps came from the roof. El knew they were men, many of them. "They're on the roof. I'm compromised," the ear piece voice spoke again. Bucky stepped over to El, "This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck."

The Winter Soldier pulled his black glove off to reveal his metal hand. "It always ends in a fight." There it was, the fear of becoming her past self once again creeping up Eleven's throat. They needed to leave, and the only was through these men. So, she'd fight them like she was taught. She was a soldier.

    "Five seconds," Steve huffed. "You pulled me from the river. Why?" El glimpsed at Bucky who squeezed his eyes shut for a moment. "I don't know."    "Three seconds," the voice warned. "Yes you do." El's eyes scanned each area of the room waiting for the first sign of an attack.

"Breach! Breach! Breach!" A grenade was tossed in through the window, but Steve knocked it back with his shield. Another was thrown in. This time, it was El's turn to showcase her skills. She lifted her hand, the grenade slowly levitating in the air.

    El, then, thrust out her hand, and the grenade flew back out the window. Steve was only given the chance to give Eleven a shocked look before pounding started at the door. El whipped around, waving her hand, and the metal table she once had her dinner at with pummeled the door keeping it in place. The small girl took the few seconds of a silence to wipe away the blood leaking from her right nostril.

Men leapt in the apartment through the windows. El's eyes grew dark as the familiar feeling of chaos flooded through her veins. She didn't want to let it control her, but she needed to get herself, and Bucky out.

 She didn't want to let it control her, but she needed to get herself, and Bucky out

I'm already so hopelessly devoted to this story line. What do you think about it? I genuinely love to hear your thoughts in the comments.