𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

03; escape attempt

    Time took a minute to decelerate, the air was stale, but El's breaths were even

Time took a minute to decelerate, the air was stale, but El's breaths were even. A guard in a black suit leapt into their apartment, glass shattering in a pool around his feet.

El cocked her head his way, the man rocketed back through the window letting out a weak scream as he fell from the building. That wouldn't be the first soldier after them though. Another one came in, aiming its glock in Bucky's direction.

Steve brought his foot down on the scraggly rubescent rug pulling his leg back, the rug slid out from under the man causing him to keel over.

Yet another guard marched into the cramped apartment. Bucky launched at the soldier, pummeling him mercilessly. Steve grabbed the wrist of the man who was once his best friend twirling him around. "Buck, STOP! You're gonna kill someone!" Bucky drove the Captain into the ground.

The Winter Soldier sent his metal fist through the mahogany wood, Steve swiftly cocked his head to the side narrowly missing the shot. "I'm not gonna kill anybody." Bucky dug his hand into the hole he created, yanking two backpacks from cavity.

El stood in the middle of the room scanning the apartment earnestly. Bucky tossed the first bag to minuscule child. "Go!" El shook her head, "You need to go!"

Reluctantly, El took her bottom lip captive with her teeth, grabbing Bucky's charcoal grey Jansport backpack, and dashing for the back door. The ending of the floor came to quickly for El to even process what she was doing, forcing all of her strength into pushing off of the ledge.

El's feet instinctively flutter kicked as she soared through the air, a short, dinky moment of pure bliss. That all ended when she landed on the rooftop of the building one over to her own. Eleven rolled into a triple to tumble before gracefully hopping to her feet.

The tiny twelve year old whirled around, surveying the apartment complex. It was foolish for her to have left Bucky's side, she shouldn't have listened to the man. Sounds that resembled that of fireworks in a thunderstorm came from the building leaving El even more uneasy than before.

What Eleven was sure were mere minutes felt as though they lengthened into hours.

Bucky finally emerged from an emergency exit a few floors below their own, and went for it bouncing off of the concrete. It didn't take Eleven long to realize he wasn't going to make it. He jumped to soon.

Making the obvious decision of not letting the man she considered to be her father die, El swallowed down the thick lump forming in her throat. She thrust out her hand before making a pulling motion. El cringed at Bucky's harsh landing. He groaned pushing onto his feet, and continuing their escape taking his backpack from El's hand in the process.

"Come on!" El did as instructed, following after Bucky. A shadow of strange figure appeared on the rooftop signaling something was in the air above them. Eleven simply glimpsed upwards when the newcomer pummeled Bucky to the ground toppling over the Winter Soldier.

The figure arose revealing its intricately designed catsuit. He extended his hand, claws springing from his fingertips. Bucky, and El shared an incredulous glance before peering back at the Black Panther. "I can do it." El tiptoed in front of Bucky before launching at the newcomer.

Her actions were nimble, punctilious those of one who had been trained her entire life to fight. The Black Panther was agile though, with every strike, he dodged. He must not have wanted to hurt a child.

The Panther was getting tired of the endless cycle of hitting, and missing, and eventually pulled his claws back in going to send a swift blow El's way. That is, until his hand stopped moving midair. The man gawked at Eleven, looking between the glowering girl, and his unmovable hand.

El simply rolled her eyes at the action. It was all too common for her to be underestimated with her small size. El set out her other hand, and the Black Panther shot backward. Simultaneously, Bucky, and Eleven darted down the rooftop hoping to elude the newcomer before he got back up.

Before they could get very far, the Black Panther rained down on Bucky yet again. El was ready to intercede, but stopped at the sound of jet wings. Bullets showered down of the three ruthlessly, the oncoming threat causing both Bucky, and the Black Panther to stop their squabble.

El thrust out her hand, crimson blood trickled down her lip, and into her mouth as her eyes fluttered shut. The jet let out a groan before spiraling downwards.

"Damn," Sam spoke through Steve's earpiece watching the the powerful twelve year old.

Bucky took the opportunity of the Black Panther's shock, to kick the figure off of himself. The Winter Soldier ricocheted off of the ground, slipping his fingers in El's, and pulling her away from the scene.

 Can I just say, I have been binge reading the crap out of To Kill a Robin by tinkertaydust it's sooooo good

Can I just say, I have been binge reading the crap out of To Kill a Robin by tinkertaydust it's sooooo good. If you're looking for titans fics, I'm in love with hers.