𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

11; the plan

   When she saw him, she couldn't contain herself any longer

   When she saw him, she couldn't contain herself any longer. Tears flooded her eyes as El rushed Bucky into a bear hug. The Winter Soldier's lips lifted into a small smile. "What happened?"

El sniffled, pulling away. "Nightmare?" Eleven nodded remembering the other men in the room. Bucky merely chuckled, wiping a stray tear away from her cheek. "It's okay. You're not there anymore. You're safe."

The saw that had Bucky's metal arm clamped down flew open, and Bucky laughed pulling the girl he considered to be his daughter in yet another hug. Steve turned to Sam who widened his eyes, holding his hands up defensively, "How was I supposed to know supershortie was gonna do that?"

Steve chuckled at the question before filling in the others of their plan. Hopefully, one that wouldn't fail.

✮━✮

Bucky, El, and Sam waited in the car whilst Steve spoke with the blond woman from the day prior, Sharon. The lady popped the trunk of her small car open when Bucky asked, "Can you move your seat up?"

"No." Bucky barely caught the wink from El when Sam's car seat flew up. Before the Falcon could turn back, El wiped the blood off of her upper lip and pretended as though nothing happened.

"Oh, don't act like you didn't do anything, I know that was you." El giggled at Sam's reaction, him, and Bucky taking part in the laughter not long after. They only stopped when El's vision fell on Steve kissing the blond woman.

Bucky merely smirked, and that was the expression Steve got from both men, and the girl when he glanced through the window. "How's she handling it?"

Steve spun back around to Sharon who was also looking to the tiny twelve year old girl in the backseat of the Volkswagen. "I'm worried I'm putting her in danger." Sharon smiled at the kind words. "Even if I tried to take her somewhere safe though, I don't think she plans on leaving Bucky's side anytime soon."

"Maybe it's good having someone with superpowers on your side." Steve hummed glancing back down at Sharon's lips. Finally, the Carter woman patted his chest, "I should go."

"Okay." Sharon got back into her vehicle when Steve peered back at the child in the car laughing at something one of the men with her had said. Steve knew hydra was evil, but who in their right minds could purposefully harm a child? She didn't deserve any of this. Yet, she acted so bravely when things got rough. It was truly impressive.

 UNCLE STEEVVVEE! I think I'm gonna forever say that when I write him as such a father figure

UNCLE STEEVVVEE! I think I'm gonna forever say that when I write him as such a father figure. I don't know if that's how uncles actually are bc my uncle is more of like a goofy cousin, but it'll do.

If you have one, what's your uncle like?