𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

15; she's just a kid

   They were so close

They were so close. Yet, all hope of making it to the QuinJet felt lost when the multicolored man with strange gem in his forehead blasted the roof of the garage. It began to fall, El was sure they wouldn't make it until a crimson red wall blocked the rubble from landing on the ground.

El knew it was Wanda, but they had no time to thank the Scarlet Witch. Instead, she pushed on forcing herself to run faster. The force field dropped, and the roof began to fall once again, but the three made it into the garage just in time.

El stopped, needing a moment to simply breathe. The redheaded woman from earlier named, Natasha stepped up to three. "You're not gonna stop," she stated. "You know I can't."

The woman held out her arm, aiming the blaster at the three. El gulped, too tired to use her powers once again. Before the twelve year old could process what was happening, Natasha had blasted T'Challa. Apparently, the Black Panther had been creeping up behind them.

"Go." El smiled, slipping her fingers into Bucky's cold metal ones, and pulling the man along.

Finally, they were in the jet. Steve was flying whilst Bucky, and El sat in the back. "Hey, let me see." Bucky pulled the sleeve of his suit over his fleshly arm, and wiped away the blood that had dried on El's upper lip. "You okay?"

"Tired." Bucky smiled at the response. He was just happy to know Eleven was safe. Though, that wouldn't last for long. The best thing he could do, was keep her as close as possible so to protect her at all costs. Bucky couldn't imagine what would happen if El got hurt, or worse, murdered.

It would break the last little pieces of himself that him, and El had worked so hard to put back together. He would have no reason to live if El was gone. She was all he had left. "Why don't you get some sleep before we get there?"

   El nodded trying her best to lay down when Bucky huffed pulling her legs into his lap. After that, it took mere minutes for the small girl to fall asleep.

"I never would've pegged you for the fatherly type." Bucky gave a goofy grin, "Shut up."

   "It's good what you're doing for her though. She cares about you." Bucky blew out a soft sigh, "When I found her, hydra had broke her. They broke both of us." Steve swallowed down the thought of his best friend going through so much pain. "Then, I met this rascal, and it got better."

"She's incredibly brave." Bucky scoffed, not at Steve, but at the words. "She shouldn't have to be. She shouldn't have to go through any of this. She's just a kid."

    "Well, now she's a kid with two of America's super soldier's on her side." Bucky smiled sadly. "What's gonna happen to your friends?" Truthfully, Steve was hoping Bucky wouldn't ask that. He didn't need anything else on his plate. "Whatever it is, I'll deal with it."

"I don't know if I'm worth all this, Steve."

   Steve glanced back at his best friend. "What you did all this years, that wasn't you. You didn't have a choice."

Bucky was quiet for a moment. "I know. But, I did it."