𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

16; no matter the cost

  Bucky gently shook El's arm

Bucky gently shook El's arm. "Hey, we're here." The tiny twelve year old groaned, sitting up, and pulling her feet out of the Bucky's lap. "You sure you're gonna be okay?" El nodded, "I'm okay."

Bucky got up, using the QuinJet's weapon supply to stock up. The three stood in the doorway, cold air seeping into the jet. "You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockwood beach in the back of that freezer truck?"

"Was that the time you used our train money to buy hotdogs?" Eleven smiled at the question, simply happy that Bucky could remember it. "You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead."

El smirked, cocking an eyebrow in Bucky's direction. The Winter Soldier laughed, "What was her name again?"

"Dolores, but you called her Dot." Bucky shook his head, "She's gotta be a hundred years old by now." Eleven grabbed his arm pointing at Bucky, then Steve. "So are you."

Steve chuckled from the back, "She's gotcha there."

The snow was harsh, but El had experienced worse temperatures. Bucky looked down, slipping his fleshly fingers through Eleven's. The tiny girl gave up a weak smile. Nap, or not she was tired, and it sounded like she was about to use a lot more energy.

The doors to the base were open meaning only one thing, Zemo beat them. "He can't have been here for more than a few hours," El nodded to herself hoping the three would be able to make out of this. She had to make sure they would make out. No matter the cost.

"Long enough to wake 'em up." The elevator ride was quiet, memories slowly creeping into Eleven's mind of the hydra base she was kept in. You got out.

The elevator rocked as it stopped making El unintentionally let slip a gulp. Both men in the box easily noticed. Bucky tilted his head outwards, and Steve nodded going to keep an eye whilst he spoke with El.

"I'm okay," she whispered more to herself than Bucky. "It's okay to be afraid," the Winter Soldier told her kneeling down in front of the tiny twelve year old. "I'm not," El replied softly. Bucky could tell she was though. She wouldn't even look him in the eye.

It was muscle memory to El though. She wasn't supposed to look any of her instructors in the eye, she'd been taught that since she was young. "If it gets too bad, you run to the QuinJet, and you wait. Understand?"

El's eyes found their way to Bucky's cerulean ones. "Understood." Bucky smiled pushing himself to his feet, and stepping out of the elevator. Steve tried to refrain from feeling guilty. If only he had found out that hydra was still alive. Then, he could've stopped it before it ever came to this.

Before it ever came to them breaking his best friend, and innocent child.