Chapter 90 [Fright in the Middle of the Night]

"What do you mean? I can see this lady is not married yet. Are you trying to mislead us, Prince Yu and Princess Yu?"

King Ming was obviously displeased. The chance to be his elder son's bride being taken by Prince Yu's servant girl.

Now, even the second's prince's choice of bride was dictated by Princess Yu.

Although he was a foreign king in Dajin, he was not going to be taken advantage of by anyone.

However, Lin Mengya's attitude turned around unexpectedly as she said with a gentle voice,

"Please forgive me, King Ming. It's all my fault that I've neglected to explain the reason behind, which the second prince is unaware of."

Lin Mengya had made sure she found out everything about King Ming's temperament. He was a reasonable man as long as people talked to him in a polite manner.

If she insisted on her ways, she was afraid that King Ming would become unreasonable.

Lin Mengya's immediate change of attitude had calmed King Ming down a little.

In term of status, the consort of a prince may not be inferior to him after all.

"However, if I find your explanation unacceptable, Princess Yu, I'm afraid I can't give way to you."

King Ming was beginning to sound assertive.

Nevertheless, Lin Mengya was not upset. On the other hand, she smiled faintly as she walked up to Yueting with light and graceful steps.

"Miss Yue is my brother's fiance. Everyone in Dajin knows this as a fact. Even His Majesty, the Emperor agreed to their engagement. Of course, it is natural that the Second Prince doesn't know about this. I apologize for being so blunt with my words just now because this matter concerns my brother's reputation. Your Highness, King Ming, please forgive me."

King Ming's facial expression kept changing when he heard to Lin Mengya's apology.

When he glanced at his second son, there seemed to be a flash of emotion in his eyes.

However, that look disappeared when he turned back to Lin Mengya.

"In this light, Nan was the one who was too abrupt. Since it's the Emperor's will, let us not try to go against it. Nan, I think let's forget about choosing a consort for you for now."

Although King Ming seemed easy going in this negotiation, he was in fact the strong-minded, unwavering decision maker in the western vassal state.

This could be clearly seen from the attitude of his sons towards him.

Yueting had been holding on tightly to Lin Mengya's hand and had just come to realize what just happened.

"Wait! Although Miss Yue is engaged to Master Lin first, Master Lin is still fighting the battle at the borders. What if it delays Miss Yue's future. Wouldn't that be unfortunate?"

The Crown Prince of Dajin said abruptly, sounding as if he was concerned about Yueting's future.

Lin Mengya raised her eyebrows and was about to give a rebuttal when Long Tianhao interrupted her, saying,

"Our soldiers out at the borders were exposed to the elements day and night. I've heard back in the battle at Fangjia Dam, Lin Nansheng fought valiantly and finally brought victory for us. Now, our soldiers are still at fighting at the borders, if the soldier's fiancé were to be given to someone else as a wife, Your Highness, the Crown Prince, wouldn't you be worried that our soldiers would be devastated and demoralized?"