Chapter 91 [Comb through the Leads]

(A/N: Hey Guys, It's Amelia, I just wanna tell you
guys that I might not be able to post for a long
time...., due to many projects and etc etc. And
some tests are following up...., so here's some
chapters as an apology. )
___________________________

Following the direction of the voice, the guards finally found Lin Mengya and Baishao at the deepest part of the carriage.

What happened was that at the critical moment, Lin Mengya had a brainwave and remembered that there was a hidden compartment below the carriage where they used to store baggage.

Fortunately, the compartment was empty and even fortunately, both Lin Mengya and Baishao were petite and were able able to fit into that space, thereby barely escaped the disaster.

It was a false alarm after all. The guards immediately quickly helped the two ladies up from the hidden compartment.

Lin Mengya did not expect Baishao to remain so calm. Although her face had drained of its color, at least she was not shaking like a leaf like Baizhi.

"Are you alright, Miss? Are you hurt anywhere?"

When danger befell them just now, Lin Mengya had pushed Baishao into the hidden compartment first. Baishao was touched and filled with gratitude by Lin Mengya's love and protection for her.

"I'm alright, but what exactly happened? Did those men leave any clue behind?"

Lin Mengya shook her head as she allowed Baishao to do a quick check on her body.

"Princess Yu, when the group of attackers saw the approaching Yulin Guards, they retreated immediately without leaving a trace as a lead. We will bring these corpses back to Prince Yu's Mansion for further investigation."

Who exactly were these men who appeared as quickly as they retreated?

"I'll have a look."

Lin Mengya alighted the horse carriage with supported by one of the guards.

After a period of fierce fighting, there were quite a lot of casualties.

Outside the carriage surrounding it were many Yulin Guards as well as security guards from Prince Yu's Mansion, who were protecting the horse carriage, making sure it was safe.

As they casually went about turning the bodies around, strangely these dead men did not carry any indication of their identity, either were the guards able to tell with certainty where they were from.

"Clang!" Lin Mengya saw something small falling from the waist pocket of one of the attackers.

She quietly picked it up and hid it in her palm.

Lin Mengya stood up and cried out, saying,

"It looks like these men had a plan when they came. Where is the commander fo the Yulin Guards?"

A middle-aged general dressed in an armor immediately stepped forward and stood before Lin Mengya.

He had alighted his horse and greeted Lin Mengya with a bow.

"Greetings of peace to Princess Yu. Please forgive me for arriving late. I am Xuanyuan Lie, the commander of Yulin Guards.

The security of the capital was also under the jurisdiction of Yulin Guards.

"Whatever happened can't be blamed on you, General. These men were simply too cunning."

Lin Mengya did not seem to be alarmed by having a close escape from harm but was still smiling.