Chapter 121 [The So-called Kinship]

Her father had indeed made such a statement.

Back then, King Ming, who wanted to usurp the throne, did not spare his kinship but murdered his brother and even took his wife and concubines by force.

Even her father commented that if King Ming had been born a hundred years earlier, the situation for the western vassal state and Dajin would have been different from what it was today.

"Your father is the real hero with an indomitable spirit. If not for the fact that we are in different positions, your father and I would have become bosom buddies.

The army of the western vassal state was incomparable to that of Dajin.

Moreover, Dajin was mostly victorious over the western vassal state during their many conflicts over the years.

Nevertheless, Lin Muzhi had always feared King Ming to a certain extent. Although the two nations were allies, the western vassal state had always had the mind to revolt against Dajin.

Lin Mengya, however, did not betray her knowledge of this in her expression.

Her beautiful face was smiling sweetly and she looked especially adorable with her flushed cheeks.

"My father said so too. He respects you from the bottom of his heart."

When they were done with exchanging conventional greetings, King Ming changed the topic of their conversation as he shot a severe look at Lin Mengya's eyes.

"I like you as a person, so I'm going to be very direct with you. Were you the one who killed my son, Hu Lunan?"

According to the usual practice of the western vassal state, a blood debt had to be repaid with blood.

Hu Lunan started the attack and Lin Mengya retaliated.

Hu Lunan could only blame himself for being incapable, which was why he ended up being injured.

However, killing a person was a different matter altogether.

Since Lin Mengya took her seat, this was the first time she looked straight into King Ming's eyes, and she was herself looking somber and severe.

"I admit that I was indeed the one who injured Hu Lunan. However, I did not kill him, otherwise, I would have killed him when I injured him."

Honesty was the necessary condition for negotiation under such a circumstance.

Lin Mengya's forthrightness was obviously greatly appreciated by King Ming.

Pausing to think for a while, King Ming finally said,

"Since you were not the killer, then things become much easier. Tell me, what is the purpose of your visit today?"

At this moment, the two decided not to mince their words and this saved them from beating around the bush.

Lin Mengya smiled, but still did not reveal the purpose of her visit directly to King Ming.

"I would like to know what the Crown Prince promised King Ming in exchange for your help in achieving his goal, disregarding all else."

Lin Mengya's words took King Ming in surprise.

While his eyes flashed with surprise, a wary look immediately took over.

"You mean..."

"King Ming, let's not try to conceal anything. Hu Lunan is not your own son, which was why his death did not really bother you, am I right?"

Once again, Lin Mengya's statement brought a surprise look on King Ming's face.

Not many people knew about this. How did this lass find out about this?"