Chapter 106 [Battle Plan to Save the White Tiger]

"This tiger is extremely powerful. When I brought my men to capture it, I lost quite a number of them to it. I wonder who would be good enough to overpower it?"

Hu Lunan came out of his melancholic mood and displayed his magnanimity.

Lin Mengya cast an impassive look at him. She had a lousy impression of him since he would not even let go of a pregnant tiger but was still boasting. To her, Hu Lunan was no better than a beast.

"I didn't expect Second Prince to be the one to bring men to capture this tiger, you're truly a valiant man!"

Just a moment ago, the Crown Prince was vying against Hu Lunan, and the next moment, he was singing the same tune as Hu Lunan.

Lin Mengya could not shake off the feeling that these two men were simply so hypocritical.

As the saying goes that the true love between brothers would be tested when they are fighting against a tiger. She was anticipating to see if they were really like brothers and what would come out from this.

The banquet proceeded as usual, but Lin Mengya had lost the mood to continue in pretense.

To Lin Mengya, the memory of what happened in the small tent would be etched in her mind forever.

"Miss, who do you think will be the first to hunt down the tiger?"

Back in the tent, Baishao also thought it was too cruel to hunt the tiger.

Tigers were the spirits of the forest, they were the kings of the forest. They should not die innocently in the hands of these noblemen.

"Regardless of who eventually hunts it down, it is still such a pity. How about we think of a solution?"

The eyes of the two maidservants lit up at Lin Mengya's words. If they managed to release the tiger, they would be doing a good deed.

"Alright, let's think of a plan."

The meeting to discuss the battle plan to save the tiger began in Lin Mengya's tent.

"I think if we make leeway for the tiger by creating a gap between the guards surrounding the hunting ground, the tiger could escape into the dense forest through the back hills."

Lin Zhongyu drew a simple map of the area and pointed to a spot on it as he explained his suggestion.

"I don't think that'll work. The tiger doesn't understand what we say. What if it runs to the wrong place? If it was injured before it reaches the escape route, would it be digging its own grave?"

Baiji raised her concern and she was right. The group of them sank into deep thoughts once again.

"I think we should just release it."

Baizhi said, looking questioningly at Lin Mengya with big, watery eyes and looking sympathetic.

Lin Mengya rolled her eyes at her and with a calm voice, she said,

"How about you go and lure the Crown Prince and then talk him into releasing the tiger? Silly you! If you release the tiger now, it would either be caught again or be killed by the guards using swords and knives."

Silence fell upon the tent once more.

It seemed that nothing would work. They had hit a brick wall.

"Once the hunting starts tomorrow, I will bring Lin Kui to surround the tiger first of all. I've sent men from the capital to bring me the anesthetic used on horses, so rest assured."

The voice of Long Tianhao sounded from the entrance to the tent and everyone there turned to him.

"What a good idea, Your Highness, the prince!"