Chapter 134 [Public Sentiment]

"Thank goodness that all the people seemed to be well. Why don't you take a rest, master?"

Lin Mengya was most exhausted. She had been toiling the entire night, even up until now, she had been working like a spinning top that had not stopped turning.

"It's alright, I used to stand for a day and a night when I was working in the laboratory."

These words just slipped out of her mouth without her realizing at first. She had in fact been talking about what happened in her previous life.

Fortunately, the four maidservants were dizzy and groggy from exhaustion and did not register what she was saying.

"Alright, go in the horse carriage to take a rest, so you don't have to be awoken later when we are setting out."

The five criminals, who were from the Peach Blossom Dock, had been secretly locked up by Zhu Aizhi.

The horse carriage had also been washed to be squeaky clean. Zhu Aizhi was, in fact, a talent and a very efficient worker.

The four maidservants could not wait to return to their spacious horse carriage. Once in there, they fell asleep almost immediately.

There were peace and quiet both inside and outside the courtyard at this moment.

As Lin Mengya cast her eyes on the soldiers in the courtyard, her heart was moved with compassion.

The Crown Prince and the ministers, being the subject of protection, were sleeping comfortably on soft warm beds, while these real heroes were resting on the cold and hard floor in the courtyard.

This was the inequality in society. It was not in her power alone to change this fact.

She loosened up her shoulders, then went back into her room.

Long Qinghan and Hu Tianbei were sleeping so soundly that it seemed that they would not awaken even if the world collapsed on them.

Long Tianhao was sitting on the heated brick bed. Lin Mengya had no idea why he was sleeping there while sitting upright.

Shaking her head, she shot a disapproving glance at the two men on the bed, supposing that they had taken up all the space, so Long Tianhao was left with no choice.

Lin Mengya opened the cabinets and took out a blanket which she had wanted to put on Long Tianhao.

Not knowing if she had bumped into him, but Long Tianhao suddenly started falling backward.

Her belt was caught by some accessories Long Tianhao was wearing, and having been caught unprepared, Lin Mengya ended up in Long Tianhao's arms.

Instinctively, Long Tianhao's large hand landed on her slim waist.

Her heart skipped a beat in that instant, but Long Tianhao's embrace felt firm and warm.

Exhaustion hit her suddenly. Without thinking too much, Lin Mengya fell in a deep sleep in Long Tianhao's arms.

Eh? Why was the bed moving?

As Lin Mengya stretched her aching body, she could feel a numb yet tinkling sensation in her shoulders and waist.

She adjusted her position until she felt more comfortable, then continued to sleep.

The bed felt so soft and warm. It would be even better if the bed did not move.

Lin Mengya gradually opened her eyes and what came into sight was a snow-white undershirt.

Err...