Chapter 126 [A Sudden Accident]

This the last update of mai promised 10 updates guys i might update more if I'm free but my pile of assignments be killing me. Anywho, take care and stay safe guys 💕
****************************************

Princess Ming Yue obviously had her eyes on Prince Yu. Baizhi wondered how her mistress would react if she learned about this.

"What did you say? Where did you see that Princess Ming Yue pestering Prince Yu?"

It was no wonder that Baiji was surprised. In Dajin, common girls, not to mention the girls from the rich and noble families, after all, always kept their distance from men when in public.

"I saw her near the Crown Prince's tent. That shameless Princess Ming Yue refused to let go of Prince Yu even when he tried to ignore her. She even pretended to faint eventually, but Prince Yu still paid her no attention so much so she almost ended up in the mud!"

Apparently, Baizhi was very satisfied with Prince Yu's response towards Princess Ming Yue.

Although Princess Ming Yue was indeed very beautiful, to Baizhi, her mistress was a cut above Princess Ming Yue without a doubt.

Most importantly, Prince Yu had totally no regard for this shameless princess.

On the contrary, the prince always treated her mistress with care, fearing that she would be hurt in any way.

"That puts me at ease. Oh, and don't breathe a word about this to our mistress. Otherwise, there'll be no peace in Prince Yu's Mansion ever again if she hears about this."

Baiji breathed a sigh as she instructed Baizhi to keep quiet and Baizhi responded by nodding profusely.

She was clearly aware of Lin Mengya's temper, more than anyone else.

Although Lin Mengya usually carried herself with poise, if anyone eyed her prized possession, she would meet with a sad end.

This spoke for itself in the case of Second Miss Lin and Cousin Jiang. The only difference was that Princess Ming Yue was after all a Princess.

Lin Mengya might get into trouble if she laid a finger on her.

Soon, the Crown Prince sent men to come to fetch Lin Mengya.

She was after all one of the people involved.

"That was fast. Baisu, you stay behind, while the three of you follow me."

Lin Mengya was fearless. To her, this was merely a rehearsed drama episode.

By now, the Crown Prince and King Ming had reached a stalemate. King Ming refused to accept the explanation offered by the Crown Prince.

He insisted that the Crown Prince hand over Hu Lunan's murderers.

With Long Tianhao and Hu Tianbei fueling the fire, the Crown Prince was in deep trouble.

"King Ming, I've already promised to be accountable, are you saying that you don't trust me, the Crown Prince?"

The Crown Prince looked miserable. If it were not for the fact that his mother, the Queen, had insisted that he maintain a good relationship with King Ming, he, as the noble Crown Prince, would not have gone as far in trying to pacify King Ming.

"Your Highness the Crown Prince, Nan was my son. All the more, he was the Prince of the western vassal state. He had died such an unjust death and you, the Crown Prince had executed his murderers? What did we do to offend you that you have to do this to us?"

King Ming's accusations put the Crown Prince in an awkward position.

He was perplexed as to how his initial cordial partnership with King Ming had turned into one of the enmities now.