Chapter 108 [The Hunting Begins]

The coy beauty started blushing, so Lin Mengya stopped teasing her future sister-in-law.

Hu Lunan's attention was temporarily distracted by Lin Mengya from Yueting.

For this reason, no one had raised the issue of the marriage for convenience for now. Nevertheless, Lin Mengya could not stop worrying about it just a little.

Hu Lunan did not look like the kind who would give up easily. Although Mrs. Yue had been temporarily suppressed, nothing could guarantee that her intentions were completely eliminated.

If she insisted on marrying Yueting off to the western vassal state, Lin Mengya did not think she could interfere by then.

"I've already written a letter to my elder brother to ask him to come back sooner."

Lin Mengya said to Yueting quietly, and she blushed deeper.

"You're so good at teasing me. Is it because you've become so popular in Dajin now?"

Yueting pursed her lips in an attempt to hide a teasing smile.

In her heart, she was thinking that Lin Mengya thought she was unaware of the word going around among the Dajin nobles about her and Prince Yu last night.

Who would have guessed that Prince Yu, who was known to be the most indifferent and apathetic man in Dajin, had turned into a sweet and sensitive man towards his consort after getting married?

They were thinking that Lin Mengya was really so blessed. Although she was deemed an idiot in the past, she did not lose out to others after all.

"What's that to me? Didn't I already become very popular the moment I married Prince Yu? Moreover, the kindness Prince Yu shows to me is beyond compare with others."

At her words, Yueting was about to tease Lin Mengya, when she sensed someone was shooting a jealous look.

She glanced sideways and realized that it was Lin Mengwu who was shooting a twisted look at Lin Mengya.

Since the day she was born, Lin Mengwu and her mother had started down their path of taking away everything that belonged to Lin Mengya.

Even some of the special things Yueting had meant for Lin Mengya as gifts had been hijacked by this woman.

This was why Yueting had always tried to avoid meeting with this sister-in-law.

"That's so true. The kindness Prince Yu shows you are not meant for everyone who yearns for it."

Yueting was prudent with her words, so there were certain things that would never proceed from her mouth because she was the daughter of a cultured family.

Lin Mengya, on the other hand, was never bothered about what people would say about her, therefore she was usually rather straight forward in speaking her mind.

"Some people just couldn't help but covet after what does not belong to them, how pathetic."

At Lin Mengya's comments, Lin Mengwu's face fell.

After she took a few deep breaths, Lin Mengwu turned away.

This was something new. The two of them did not get into a fight today. Especially Lin Mengwu, who did not say a word after Lin Mengya' words of provocation. She simply turned her head away to continue watching the game. Her silence surprised even Lin Mengya, who was totally not used to such a reaction.

Strangely, why didn't Second Miss open her mouth to speak?

Lin Mengya's maidservants were all surprised. Never had Lin Mengwu been so submissive and docile, even back in the mansion.