Chapter 98 [A Completely Safe Plan]

A/N: Hey Guys!!!!! I Know its been rly long since I've updated and all dt cause I've just finished my exams and our family had been 'preparing' for Covid-19.
Also to everyone out there please take care of yourselves and your families. I hope your all safe and sound. And also to repay for my delay. I'll be publishing many chapters.
---------------------
Qinghu had given Lin Mengya ideas again. To him, everyone else was a fleeting cloud other than his lass.

However, there was no way Lin Mengya could bring herself to be so heartless. Baizhi's protectiveness over her had surpassed that of a sister.

She would never sacrifice Baizhi for anything.

"From the way King Ming was acting, he was set on getting his hands on Baizhi. It was not that there were no other women in the western vassal state. Why would he want a Dajin woman as a wife?"

Baizhi was still laughing in a carefree manner in the garden.

Compared to Lin Mengya, Baizhi behaved more like a girl at her age. She was full of sunshine, sweetness and brilliant smiles.

She supposed Baizhi would be able to maintain her exceptional nature even if she were to live in affliction and suffering.

There was not a day when Lin Mengya did not think that Baizhi was the strongest of them in her courtyard.

"No! There's no way I would allow Baizhi to marry Hu Tianbei!"

Lin Mengya had made up her mind as she got up from her seat. She tidied up the place and left Liuxin Courtyard without bringing anyone with her.

It looked like she had to discuss with Long Tianhao with regard to this matter so they could arrive at the best strategy.

She began walking briskly and soon arrived at Long Tianhao's study.

She was about to knock on the door but she suddenly hesitated.

After all, she was the reason for this trouble.

Was she being too unreasonable if she wanted Long Tianhao to salvage the situation now?

As this thought came to mind, she decided against the idea. However, as she turned around, Long Tianhao's voice echoed through the air.

"Who's there?"

She was totally unprepared now that she was found out.

Lin Mengya braced herself as she lightly pushed open the door to Long Tianhao's study.

"It's me. Your Highness, the Prince."

This was the first time in her life that Lin Mengya had sincerely come to ask someone for a favor.

She put on a sweet smile on her face, as she tried to portray a meek and harmless image.

At this moment, Long Tianhao was sitting at the study table and going through the documents. He lifted his gaze to her and said casually,

"What's the matter? Just say it. That smile on your face- doesn't suit you."

The smile on Lin Mengya's face froze instantly.

She could not imagine the Long Tianhao, who pulled a straight face all day long, was also very good at sarcasm.

"Your Highness, I indeed have a favor to ask of you. I was wondering if you can help."

Long Tianhao lifted his head and glanced at her, then gave her a serious nod.

Weighing her options, she finally bit the bullet and said,

"I want to talk about Baizhi. She's not just my maidservant, but she is also like a sister to me. I don't wish for her to marry for convenience. All the more, I don't want her to suffer."