Chapter 122 [The Great Search at the Campground]

Nothing in the campground could escape Hu Tianbei, and he was in control of everything there.

Not to mention that the Crown Prince had been in contact with Ming Yue, he would have known even if a mosquito were to fly past.

"Isn't father also collaborating with the Crown Prince? Why can't I do the same?"

In the western vassal state, women were held with high regards too.

However, in the eyes of her king father, Princess Ming Yue was merely a tool to consolidate the king's position and secure the land of the western vassal state.

For this reason, she had to pick the best husband if possible.

After all the time spent observing, she concluded that Long Tianhao was the only man qualified to be her husband.

Unfortunately, he already had Princess Yu, who was Lin Mengya, by his side.

"Long Tianhao is not like any man from the noble families of the western vassal state. If you toy with his feelings, you would end up in a bad state."

Hu Tianbei looked at his younger sister coldly. He was afraid that she would have to learn her lesson the hard way, otherwise, she would never learn that there were some men whom she should never offend.

Ming Yue seemed not to take her brother's words to heart. On the other hand, she had made up her mind to get her hands on Long Tianhao.

"Is Princess Ming Yue an old acquaintance, Your Highness?"

Actually, Lin Mengya did not need to think hard before she concluded that those two did not have much interaction.

It was only because of how Princess Ming Yue tried to look attractive that made her a little uneasy and displeased.

While she was resigned to being beaten by Princess Linlang, she would not settle for being beaten by Princess Ming Yue.

"I don't even know her. She is the princess of the western vassal state and this is my first encounter with her."

To Long Tianhao, every other woman was just another woman. They were not different from one another in his eyes.

Apart from Lin Mengya, he did not find any other woman adorable.

In other words, there were only two categories for the opposite gender in the prince's mind.

One was Lin Mengya, and the rest were classified as others.

"Oh, so what do you think of Princess Ming Yue's looks, Your Highness?"

Even Lin Mengya found it difficult to conceal her tone of displeasure towards her.

When she thought of how beautiful Princess Ming Yue looked under the moonlight a moment ago, she could not let go of the feeling of displeasure.

Long Tianhao, however, began to frown.

"I don't know, I didn't look at her."

His voice was plain and impassive. Although he was not even speaking sweet words, Lin Mengya could not help feeling happy when she heard his reply.

It was useless for Princess Ming Yue to doll herself up or behave in a demure way just to attract attention because she was not going to leave any impression in Long Tianhao's mind.

"King Ming must have struck a deal with the Crown Prince and they are allies now. I just don't know what the price the Crown Prince promised him was."

King Ming was a very shrewd opponent. Although he did not agree with her proposal, neither did he reject it immediately. This went to show that he was considering the options to see which would reap the most benefits.
Therefore, they could be considered to be the passive party.