~nineteen~

After everything that has happened to me over this past year, this experience has got to be the worst. To sum it up for you, I can't do anything without wanting to kill my uncle and my boyfriend. Hmmm. That sounds like shit, doesn't it?

I had been living in my room for weeks, just wishing for this urge to go away. It felt like a headache, creeping in the back of my mind. Waiting to spill out. The doors were locked, and I kept my phone in a glass box. I was not talking to anyone, not right now. If the urge to kill was to suddenly spill out, what would the consequences be?

I could hear noises coming from outside. It sounded like music. I looked out the window and saw Henry standing in the grass with a boom box above his head, blasting 90's boyband music. Except, I couldn't hear the music very well, it was all fuzzy. The urge in the back of my mind grew painful, almost to the point where I thought I would keel over and die slowly. Suddenly, an ear splitting screech emerged in my brain, and my window shattered completely. Henry ran, dropping the boom box as he did so. The pain in my head went away and I cleaned the floor, trying not to step on any broken glass.

After taking a nap, I awoke to the sound of yelling outside my house. It was Ray and Henry. My head began to hurt, but I could bare it.

"You go see what's up!" Ray yelled.

"She's your niece!" Henry screamed.

"She's your girlfriend!" Ray countered.

"You're indestructible!" Henry yelled back.

"Oh, yeah, I guess I am." Ray laughed. "Alright, I'll be back."

He began to walk toward my house, and I hid under my blankets. Pain in my head rising.

"Please, please, please." I whispered to myself.

I was gasping for air as it felt like someone was cutting my brain out of my head. The pain continued as Ray began knocking on the door. He knocked for a minute, then the door flew open, and he came bounding up the stairs.

I guess he heard me gasping under the blanket, because he came over to me and tried to help me. I shrieked in pain as he came closer to me.

"Are you alright?" Ray asked.

"Go away!" I screamed. "Go!"

The pain took over me suddenly, and I was throwing heavy punches at Ray.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled as my arms controlled the rest of my body.

"Jesus!" Ray yelled as I jabbed him right in the nose.

"Go now." I said, the pain easing as he walked away.

More days passed as I laid in my bed, groaning. My head hurt anytime Captain Man or Kid Danger came anywhere near me. With Henry living next door, that was a problem. I knew this had to stop, so I set out to find Drex.

I left that morning with ibuprofen in my purse, and pep in my step. Finding Drex was easy. I knew where his lair was, because I had been there not too long ago. Persuading him was the hard part.

"Please?" I asked.

"Why?" Drex asked.

"What do you mean why?" I asked. "I literally cannot love my life anymore!"

"That sure does sound like a problem." Drex sassed. "Of course, there's always one thing you can do."

"Please, I'll do anything, I just don't want these stupid headaches all the time." I pleaded.

"You could move." Drex smirked.

"Move?" I asked. "To where?"

"Anywhere, just not Swellview." Drex smiled.

"I-I can't." I stuttered. "Swellview needs me."

"For what?" Drex asked. "It's not like you can fight crime anymore."

As much as I hated to admit it, the weird man was right. My primary reason for being in Swellview was now my primary problem in life. I can't live like this for the rest of my life, shit, I can't even live like this now.

"Are you sure that will work?" I asked, softening my tone.

"I'm certain." Drex smirked.

"Stop smirking fucknut, you look scary." I laughed.

"Bye bye, Ella." Drex laughed as I walked away.

I cant believe what I did, but I did it. I went home, and packed a small bag of things, the essential stuff, clothes shoes hygienic things. I wrote a note, and left it on the kitchen table. I knew what I must do to escape my pain, I had to escape my pleasure.

I walked out of my house, the bag on my shoulder, and a tear rolled down my face. I picked up the phone and called my Gramma Kit. From my dads side. I hadn't talked to her in years, but I called anyway.

"Hey, Gramma Kit, it's me, Ella." I said.

"Oh hi Ellie. What's going on?" She asked.

"U-um I was, uh, wondering if I could stay with you for a bit. Things are pretty rough for me in Swellview." I said, my breath hitching.

"Oh, yes dear." Gramma said. "I'll get your room ready."

"Thanks Gramma Kit." I smiled. "Love you."

"I love you too Ellie, buh-bye."