Chapter 5

"Jack you would never believe what happened this morning." I tell Jack as I walked through the doors of Tommy's Coffee. "Its about the news channel isn't it?" Jack says. I throw him a confused look wondering how he could have already known about it. He points at the T.V. on the wall and I turn around. Fox News was live-streaming the whole time.

"How long have they been filming at my house?!" "For like the past two hours Elijah." I can't believe it. "Jack I didn't want to gain any publicity from this. I just wanted to do good but now I just feel like I've stolen something from that girl, Rowan. It just makes me feel weird." I explained to Jack. "Oh come on Elijah, it can't be that bad. It's not like you're going to jail for it. To be honest I don't think this story is going to last for much longer."

Jack is at the front counter taking orders while I'm in the kitchen making coffee. "Hey Elijah! Somebody up at the counter wants you!" Jack yelled. I made my way to the counter and saw Rowan standing there. "Oh my god what is she doing here." I thought to myself. I was so confused but I went up to Jack and gave him the look of "dear god save me." Rowan blurted out of nowhere "Oh my god it's really you! It's really you! You're the one who saved my life! I wouldn't be standing here if it wasn't for you!"

     She continued to thank me with huge puppy eyes until I stopped her. "Hi Rowan! I'm Elijah and I'm just as excited as you are but you don't have to thank me! Really! Of course I wouldn't leave you there like that!" She looked into my eyes and the widest smile started to form across her face. She swiftly threw herself over the counter and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I can't begin to explain how grateful I am." She whispered into my ear. I wrapped my arms around her back and got her standing on the floor instead on kneeling on the counter. I whispered back in her ear with a little more growl than usual (which was surprising to me) "It was my honor."