Chapter 11

I arrived at my house but I still couldn't get over what Rowan said. I thought she was sleeping but I guess not if she told me that. I ended up falling asleep on the couch with Bear watching a movie.

     I woke up to Bear trying to lick my face so I could feed him. I got up and started to give Bear his food when I got a phone call. I answered the phone but kept feeding Bear so I didn't look at who the call was from. "Hi Elijah I was just calling because I realized I hadn't payed you back for grabbing my groceries!" I heard Rowan tell me. "Oh don't even worry about that Rowan! If you're not feeling well I'd rather you stay home and get better than go out." I could tell Rowan was able to hear me pouring Bear's food into his bowl which made it hard to hear me. "Sorry about the noise I'm feeding my dog." I heard a smile in Rowan's voice when she said "Oh my god you have a dog! I love dogs so much!" And before even thinking about it I said "I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you came over to say hi sometime!" I can't believe I just said that. It's not like I don't want her to come over but I just feel so nervous around her. "Really?!" I could hear her say with a smile in her voice. I don't want to let her down. "Yeah of course!" I tell her.

Rowan and I decided that she would come over tomorrow so I knew I had to do a little bit of cleaning around the house. I'm a pretty clean person overall but sometimes I get lazy and leave things on the floor. I went through every room trying to make them look like they had just come out of a magazine. I have three stories in my house plus a basement but sometimes I feel a little lonely here all by myself. I inherited this house from my grandparents so I've just always lived here. I hate walking past the bedrooms and knowing that nobody is in them so maybe it's a good thing that I invited Rowan over. I invite Jack over sometimes and a bunch of his other friends so they started calling my house the "party plot" which is such a stupid name. "Okay come on Bear. Let's get you a bath."