Chapter 10 +Author Note

Rowan's house smelled of roses and a slight hint of cinnamon. On her kitchen counter she had a small bowl filled with jelly beans that looked like it hadn't been touched in a while, surprising. Ever since she opened the bag and saw the stuffed bunny she hasn't let go of it. I know I shouldn't be snooping in other peoples business or what their personal life is like but I also just want to learn more about her. Including finding out if she does, in fact, have a little space.

     "Do you mind if I use the restroom?" I asked Rowan. "Of course not! Just down the hallway to your right." On my way to bathroom I saw a glimpse of a bright  room with pastel pink painted walls and a huge white circular rug on the ground. On my way back down the hallway I decided it wouldn't hurt to have another peek. I leaned toward the opening of the door and saw what looked like a toy store. Barbies, stuffies, pacifiers, you name it, she had it all in this room. I saw her start to look over into the hallway so I went back to the dining room where we were chatting.

     Rowan yawned and rubbed her eyes with her rabbit (which she decided to name Blueberry due to the blue bow tie) still in her hand. "Well time really does fly by doesn't it!" I said. Rowan replied with a nod of her head and I knew she was very tired. "Okay Rowan I can tell you're tired so why don't I let you get some rest okay?" Rowan looked up at me with a sly smile but tired eyes "Okay Elijah that sounds fine with me! But I have a question." I was a little caught off guard by this but of course I let her ask. "Would you mind bringing me to bed? Tucking me in I guess?" She asked me this with the most pleading look and the only thing I could say was "Of course, anything."

     Rowan was showing me to her bedroom and I saw that she had almost as many stuffies in here as she had in the room off in the hallway. I tucked the blankets around her shoulder and set Blueberry right under her arm and she seemed to fall asleep so quickly. Before I left the room I plugged in her phone and put it on the nightstand. I was just about the shut the door behind me when I heard her say "Oh yeah, and I know you saw my pink room. If you'd like next time you stop by I could show you around." "Thanks Rowan, that sounds wonderful. Goodnight darling."

Psst, author here.
Did you see the chapter where you got to see what the
characters looked like? I looked at the views and noticed that not
many people saw it! If you're interested I would recommend
checking it out before you continue reading. I hope you're all
having wonderful lives!! Much
love from Rowan & Daddy!❤️