Chapter 6

[WARNING]
•THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS•
•ABUSE AND RAPE•
By now we had the whole café watching us as I pulled her over the counter onto the employees side. "Oh my god there's so much I feel I should explain bu-" Rowan was saying before I cut her off by taking her hand. I lead her to the kitchen where we had a small rest area for the staff. More peoples shifts would be starting soon so I'm sure they would be just fine without me.

Once we sat down I gestured my hand toward her as a way of saying "continue talking." Rowan said "Elijah, I really am grateful you were there to save me and as for the gash on my face well it's a long story" "We've got time. If you'd like to tell me then you can but I don't want to push you to do anything you don't like." I told her. She told me the story.

"I was at the grocery store and I was about to checkout my items when I realized how dark it was. I tried to call my friend who of course didn't answer the phone. I just decided to tough it out and I was walking home when I saw somebody out of the corner of my eye, somebody I knew. I turned into a gas station and just bought a slushee to try to buy time and let the person pass. I got my slush and walked out the doors but they were waiting for me outside. This person is a terrible human being. Riven. He is my ex-boyfriends best friend. They both abused and did unspeakable things to me while me and my ex were dating. So when I walked out of the gas station doors Riven threw his arm over my shoulder and kept me close to him without saying a word. I told him to get off me and I tried to get out of his grasp but he just held on tighter and said nothing. I even tried to scream but he just held his hand over my mouth. He pushed me down an alleyway and said 'Hey slut, remember me?' I started crying and he just kept telling me to be quiet or he would kill me. Elijah, he raped me. And when I tried to run away he grabbed a pocket knife and threw it around and ended up cutting me. He only went away when he was done and I was bleeding. If you hadn't had been there I would've died Elijah."