Chapter 18

ELIJAHS POV
When I opened Rowan's bag I saw some- interesting items.

ELIJAHS POV     When I opened Rowan's bag I saw some- interesting items

I never thought Rowan would have stuff like this. I just moved everything over and I finally found the teddy Rowan asked for.

 I just moved everything over and I finally found the teddy Rowan asked for

I handed it to her and zipped up her bag. She was blushing too. "Th- thank you." She said. I could tell Rowan was uncomfortable so I wasn't going to mention the things in the bag. Trying to relieve the tension, I said "Well, are you going to introduce me to your little friend here?" I smiled and her shoulders seemed to relax. "His name is Rilakkuma! I call him Kuma for short though." I smiled at her enthusiasm. She looked across the room and her eyes widened. The waitress was coming back with our drinks. She sat the beverages on the table and asked if we were ready to order. I looked at Rowan and she nodded. I ordered noodles and Rowan ordered chocolate chip pancakes. "Oh, breakfast for dinner?" Rowan giggled and nodded. "Look! There's whipped cream on my milkshake!" She licked at the whipped cream on top of her drink.

     Rowan pointed at the playrooms behind me. "Are you wanting to go play?" I ask her. She stopped licking the whip cream off of the glass and nodded with a smile. She really was precious. There were many rooms of all different colors and different age groups. Some had toys for infants, others for toddlers and some just had a mix of them both. Rowan picked the pink one so we walked in. She bounced all giddy and ran around the room hugging every stuffie within reach. "Look Elijah! Look at all these toys!" She pointed all around the room. I smiled and sat down with her. "I know! Which one do you want first?" She pointed at a box full of building blocks. "Elijah?" She sounded concerned. "Yes Rowan?" "Can I play with that girl over there pretty please?" She looked towards a girl across the room that was sitting down with whom I'm assuming was her Daddy. She was wearing a shirt with the Cookie Monster on the front, tucked into blue denim shorts, light blue ruffled socks, and white shoes. "Well, of course! Come on let's go talk to them." She smiled and we walked towards the girl. The girl smiled and waved at Rowan and the man smiled at me. Before I could even say a word to either of them, Rowan ran up to the girl and said "Hi! My name is Rowan! Wanna play?" Me and the man laughed to each other. "Hello! I'm Minnie! Yeah, let's go play! Daddy, can we go play together over there?" Minnie pointed to a part of the room that had a soft pink rug "Yes baby, but make sure you play nice okay?" Minnie nodded and they both went over to the rug. "Hey, I'm Damien." He smiled and put out his hand. "Hi, I'm Elijah." I shook his hand and smiled back.