Chapter 8

Jack kept teasing me for the rest of my shift about Rowan but I could barely even think straight wondering is she was okay on her own. I offered her a ride home but she refused and called a cab. He kept calling me "Superman" or "Batman" but to be honest I learned how to tune him out a long time ago.

     Later that night at around 11:30 PM when I was just getting in the shower I got a call. I didn't recognize the number but it had to have been Rowan. I answered. "Hello, is this Elijah?" I heard Rowan's voice coming from the other end but it sounded so much lighter and softer. "Why yes it is! And you're Rowan I presume?" I replied with a much softer tone with usual. I heard Rowan giggle and say "What's that word mean? Presume?" By now I knew this either wasn't Rowan, or it was just another side of her I haven't seen. I told her what I meant and she confirmed that she was indeed Rowan. We talked for a while about our days and then Rowan said "Okay Elijah I'll make sure to talk to you tomorrow but I'm going to go color now so bye bye!" "Bye Rowan! You should show me what you colored when it's done, I'd love to see it!"

     I woke up at 6:25 AM and I checked my phone. [Rowan sent you a photo] I clicked the notification and was greeted with the coloring page that Rowan colored along with a text.

           [Isn't it so pretty!]

     I responded back "Yes it's gorgeous! Sorry I hadn't seen it sooner I just woke up for work!" She replied almost instantly "That's okay I'm glad you think so! :D" I got up and got ready for work and fed Bear his breakfast but right before I le...

     I responded back "Yes it's gorgeous! Sorry I hadn't seen it sooner I just woke up for work!" She replied almost instantly "That's okay I'm glad you think so! :D" I got up and got ready for work and fed Bear his breakfast but right before I left I thought of something. I might sound crazy but what if maybe, Rowan's a little?

     That would explain so much! The first day I saw her she was wearing a short ruffled light pink dress with black slip on shoes and tall white ruffled socks, she likes to color, she is so easily manipulated and people take advantage of her for that, she even talks like a baby sometimes! But I don't know maybe she just enjoys to color and things. Come to think of it, I've thought about being a daddy or a caretaker before. I think the job would really suit me! But it's time to stop pondering and get to work.