Seven: Research

Jimin didn't tell his friends what he had seen, despite them asking why he was blushing. By the end of the day, they had dropped the subject and Bee and Namjoon had returned to class.

As usual, Taehyung left first and Jimin drove Yoongi home without having anymore encounters with Bee and her friends.

He still couldn't get the image of Bee's eyes from his mind, but had chalked it up to lighting and the fact that he was in shock. He had just walked in on two students having sex in the supply closet, after all.

However, there was something strange about those students, he couldn't deny it. He wanted to know more but the only person he could ask was refusing to give him information.

With a sigh, he settled down at the kitchen table to do some of his coursework. Hopefully, it would get his mind off of things he shouldn't be looking into.

—-

Taehyung shook snow from his dark brown and white coat as he reached the edge of the forest. He sank onto his hindquarters, mouth ajar as he caught his breath.

He always left college before anyone else so he could stretch his legs before the pack sent out patrols. They obviously knew he was still in the woods, due to his scent, but thankfully they were leaving him alone.

The reason that the pack hadn't torn him to pieces or banished him completely from their land was because of Bee - Taehyung had no doubt about it.

She was the one that stopped them from chasing him that fateful night. She was the one that reigned them in when he finally emerged from hiding to attend college again.

His ex-Alpha was allowing him to live in relative peace and give him access to both schooling and the freedom of the forest, but he wasn't sure why.

Maybe she understood more than she let on. She was always difficult to read.

Licking his lips, Taehyung stood up and stretched, before looking around for any humans. When the coast was clear, he jumped the short fence around his land and trotted to the back door of his bungalow, where he had unlocked the door before his run.

Shifting back to his human form, Taehyung entered his home and closed the door behind him before pulling on a pair of boxers. His home was small, but it was left to him by his uncle, just in case he needed it.

Still in just his boxers, Taehyung flicked the lights off and moved to the fridge. As with the other wolves, he was comfortable without clothing, but he had neighbours now, so found it safer to walk around his house with underwear on, at least.

He pulled out a steak from the fridge and resisted the urge to tear into it raw with his teeth. It wouldn't make him ill, but his human tastebuds would appreciate the meat much more if it were seasoned and cooked.

Once he had eaten, Taehyung did a little of his coursework before showering and heading to his bed. He used to prefer to stay awake in the night, moving through the moonlit trees and running with his pack mates.

Now, the sight of the moon depressed him. So, he had gotten himself into a routine of sleeping early and waking up early. At least he wouldn't hear any of the chatter from the pack as they patrolled.

—-

"We've done a lot of research," The guy promised, sliding the box to Taehyung, "We know you love her, you are the only one who can save her,"

"How does it work?" Taehyung asked, suspicious. A few members of the pack across the mountains had asked to meet with him, and since they were on fairly good terms, he had agreed, "How do you even know about her curse, anyway?"

"We have an extensive library," The second said, "It explains everything about the curse of the Fire Wolf. If she isn't saved, then she will be consumed by her flames. This is the only way,"

Taehyung opened the box and looked at the elaborate golden medallion inside, "Why do you want to help?"

"We know the pain," The first male said, "Our Mother was a Fire Wolf. She... We couldn't help her... She screamed for help as she burned, but we couldn't do anything,"

"We are your neighbouring pack," The second spoke, placing a comforting hand on his brother, "We have been for generations. When we found out the information, we just knew we had to help,"

Taehyung nodded and closed the box, "Thank you," He said, "I will follow your instructions and accept your help,"

The pair smiled, "I'm glad we could help. Don't forget to bring us the medallion after, so we can safely dispose of it,"

"I will,"

He shook the hands of the two wolves and placed the box in his bag. Maybe he would be able to help Bee, after all.

—-

Taehyung's eyes snapped open. The pack were patrolling, but it wasn't them who woke him up.

The guilt from his past actions were weighing him down still, and every now and then he would remember parts of the event in his dreams.

Dragging his fingers through his hair, Taehyung rolled over and closed his eyes again.

There was nothing he could do anymore, anyway and he was tired.

All he could do was move on.