TwentyOne: Rogues

"I've actually found some interesting things," Yoongi said, leaning back on his chair and looking over at Bee and Jimin, "I don't know if any of this will be a surprise to you, though, because I don't know as much about your powers or the general hierarchy of a wolf pack as you obviously do,"

"What did you find?" Jimin asked, excited. He moved to sit opposite Yoongi at the table, but Bee hesitated in the doorway, "Are you going to come in?"

He saw her eyes flicker to the burned mess in the corner and immediately understood.

"It's okay," He said, "We'll keep things calm. There's nothing to worry about,"

Daisy, who was stood leaning on the wall next to the door looked at her Alpha, surprised when she moved to sit down next to Jimin. She was also curious but could hear from her position, so stayed by the door on guard.

"Okay, so,"  Yoongi started, grabbing a book from the huge pile next to him and flipping through it. Once he found the page he wanted he turned it so Jimin and Bee could see the contents, "I found the medallion you were talking about. It's called The Amulet of Truth," Bee and Jimin leaned forward to look at the page. There was a large drawing in the centre of the page and it was surrounded by tiny writing that was hard to work out on the old paper.

Bee looked up at Yoongi expectantly.

"It was designed in the 1700's by a pack of wolves known as Rogues,"

"I've heard of them," Bee commented, "They are still active in a city in America. Somewhere in Philadelphia, if I'm right,"

"Right," Yoongi said, "My research into them tells me that they were dangerous and are mostly full of violent criminals,"

"Correct," Bee said, "Why did they make it?"

Jimin was captivated, the new information so interesting to him.

"Well," Yoongi said, "It's designed to steal the power and life force of extremely powerful wolves and transfer it to a new host - the Alpha of the Rogues. But," He paused, "It can't drain just any wolf's power,"

He moved the book to the side and grabbed another book, flipping it open where he had marked the page, "It has to be someone who was born to be an Alpha. They might not be one yet, but they are powerful enough to be one. They have to be a- what phrase did they use?" He ran his finger down the page, "Ah, a True Alpha. But-"

"Alpha is a True Alpha?!" Daisy gasped from the doorway, "I'm-" She cut herself off when Yoongi gave her a sharp look.

"Please don't interrupt, I'm trying to focus,"

"Sorry," She said sheepishly. 

Jimin chuckled a little and turned his attention back to Yoongi. His friend was a very serious person, especially when it came to his studies.

"What's a True Alpha?" He asked.

"I'll get to that later, because they already know. Anyway," Yoongi said, continuing, "It will drain the power and life force of a True Alpha, but there is one type of Alpha that the Amulet was actually designed for," He looked at Bee, "And that is you,"

"Me?" Bee asked, "What do you mean?"

"Fire Wolf," Yoongi said, "The most powerful of all wolves. The Amulet was made to take power from someone like you,"

The library fell silent. All eyes turned to Bee.

"You mean... I'm not cursed?"

"Your powers are not a curse," Yoongi said, grabbing another book, "They are incredibly sought after by other Alpha's. You are both a True Alpha and a Fire Wolf. You are one of the most powerful wolves on Earth,"

It was silent again and Jimin couldn't help but smile, "I believed you, Bee," He said, "I told you it didn't sound like a curse,"

He was surprised when Bee smiled back at him, flashing a set of dimples he had never even imagined her having. His eyes widened as he was struck by her pure beauty and he felt himself grow stupid as he lost all thoughts and words.

"The powers aren't a curse," Yoongi said, "But having them could be,"

Bee jerked her head back around to Jimin's friend, who was flitting through another book, "What?"

"This book has two chapters on Fire Wolves," He said, "It's very interesting, but..." He trailed off and looked Bee directly in the eyes, "If you don't learn to control the powers, they will consume you,"