TwentySeven: Buffer

Bee desperately wanted to stretch her legs and race through the trees but she was too worried about Jimin. There was nobody else she could trust to guard him; especially after he was attacked outside the house.

Bee was the Alpha. She was the strongest and the most powerful and she knew it. Namjoon was also very strong but he couldn't be trusted to be near Jimin. Taehyung would probably be able to protect him; he was able to fight his way to the top of the pack before, so she knew he was strong, but still, it wasn't enough.

She wasn't sure why, though.

As they sat at the table, Bee became lost in her thoughts, not noticing that the smoke rising from her skin grew thicker, and the surface of the table where her hand was sitting was beginning to burn.

She didn't even notice Jimin talking to her until he yelped in pain after touching her.

"What?" She turned her head to him, snapping away from her thoughts. Immediately, the smoke died down and her skin returned to her usual temperature.

"You were smoking," Jimin said, rubbing his hand, "You were so lost in your thoughts that you couldn't even hear me. What were you thinking about that got you so worked up?"

Bee stared at him for a moment before turning her head, "Nothing,"

Jimin sighed, "Bee, if you want my help you have to actually try,"

"Fine," She snapped, "I was thinking about you,"

Jimin blinked, his cheeks turning red, "Me? What about me?"

After a few moments of silence, Bee looked away, fingers tracing the handprint she had left on the table, "About how nobody is good enough to protect you apart from me," She kept her eyes away, refusing to look at him, "Only I am strong enough,"

Jimin's face was burning. He could feel his skin glowing red, but he tried to be rational, "But they don't want me," He said softly, "They want you. Who is strong enough to protect you?"

Bee snapped her head around to look at him, "I am strong enough to protect myself!" She growled at him, "I always have been and I always will be. For some reason, nobody believes that I am capable of-"

"That's not what I meant," Jimin sighed, "I just meant that I don't want you to get hurt. Nevermind,"

Bee fell silent, pondering what to say next. However, before she could come up with an answer, Taehyung and Jin strode through the kitchen door, completely naked. It was clear that they had literally just come back from a patrol.

Jimin immediately averted his eyes, which made Bee want to smile. It was cute that he wasn't used to seeing an unclothed body.

"Alpha," Taehyung said seriously, "We have a problem,"

---

"So what exactly have you learned about Alpha?" 

Daisy was more comfortable with their silent researcher and had taken to sitting at the table opposite him. He rarely spoke, unless to himself and as long as she didn't interrupt him or move his supplies, he seemed happy that she was there. Well, perhaps happy was the wrong word. He didn't seem to notice her.

After hearing her voice, Yoongi looked up, "What?"

"What have you learned about our Alpha?" Daisy repeated, "I'll need to report something to her soon,"

He sighed, irritated that he was having to talk, "She's a true Alpha - born to rule. She is an extremely powerful Fire Wolf which means that she is a ticking time bomb unless she learns how to control her powers. The other pack are after her powers,"

"You already told that to her," Daisy pointed out, "Anything new?"

"You asked me what I learned about her," He replied, "That's the answer. If you had asked what new information I had, that would be a different answer,"

Daisy felt her lip twitch in an urge to growl at him, "Fine. What new information do you have?"

Yoongi leaned back on his chair, stretching, "The other pack is aiming to steal her power for their Alpha. For his body to accept the power they steal, he has to-"

"Him?" Daisy said, narrowing her eyes, "Alpha's can be male or female,"

Yoongi stared at her, annoyed, "I'm well aware of that," He said, tapping a book with his fingers, "But this particular pack only has male Alpha's. Do you want the information or not?"

She paused before nodding, "Yes, please. Sorry,"

He grunted, "For his body to accept the power they steal, he has to make a sacrifice. He needs two female wolves to hold down a human female who has fallen in love with him so he can cut out her heart. Once he has the heart, he..." Yoongi looked down at the book again, running his fingers along the page, "He has to hold it over his own heart and hold the medallion to it so it acts as a sort of buffer, otherwise the power will destroy him,"

Daisy stood up, "I need to report this to Alpha,"

Yoongi waved his hand, "Go ahead. I'm fine here by myself,"

---

AN: Not the best chapter, sorry.

As you know, I'm under a lot of stress right now. I am having problems with my pregnancy and with the virus going around and my now underlying health conditions etc I have to self-isolate (apart from my appointments).

I am in pain, I'm exhausted but I can't sleep and I am uncomfortable. Now with more news from the midwives, I'm barely keeping it together lol.

But with my son and husband (and my family) supporting me I am alright.

Stay safe guys!