Eight: Patrol

Alpha!

Bee was stood in the doorway of the old manor with Jungkook beside her acting as a 'Guard' when a few members of her pack thundered towards her. She had stopped arguing with her pack about being left alone - technically, all Alpha's were supposed to have at least one member of their pack with them at all times anyway. She was the one going against the rules.

"What is it?"

Cheng, Hoseok and Daisy shifted to human form, looking serious, "The other pack has been in our land,"

"What?!" Jungkook growled, "They-"

"Inside," Bee said, turning and stepping in, "Don't talk about it in the open. Where are Namjoon and Jin?"

"They're still patrolling," Cheng said, following Bee inside, "Double checking the perimeter,"

The pack followed Bee into the main hall, where she took a seat on one of the old sofas.

"What did you find?"

Hoseok stepped up, "Taehyung hasn't changed his routine," He said, "We could smell him on his usual route, but when we got towards his home, there were new scents mixed in,"

"We followed them to the edge of our territory," Cheng continued, "They'd made a huge hole in the fence and their scent was everywhere,"

"They weren't trying to hide it," Daisy added, "Alpha, I think... I think they're making plans to attack. Either that or steal you,"

Jungkook and the others let out growls but were interrupted by Namjoon and Jin coming back inside.

"We fixed the hole," Jin said, "But they'll get back in," He took a deep breath and looked over at Bee, "I think we need to talk to Taehyung," He said, "We need to-"

Jin's words were cut off by Namjoon's hand darting out and gripping his throat, "That traitor is lucky he is still alive," He growled, "We will not involve him. This is pack business. He is not part of our pack,"

"Enough," Bee said loudly, standing up. A blast of heat escaped her body, and her pack all took a small step back when they saw that her eyes had once again changed colour. It was happening more and more frequently, and they were beginning to be concerned.

"Do not fight amongst yourselves," Bee growled, "You said it yourself, Namjoon. We are a pack. And you keep forgetting your place. You don't make the decisions around here, I do,"

Namjoon released his grip on Jin and nodded, "Sorry, Alpha,"

Bee sighed and her eyes returned to their normal cold, silver. She turned to Jungkook, "Where is the Medallion? They might be returning for that,"

"It's locked up in the attic," Jungkook replied, "But if they were just going to steal that back, wouldn't they not make it obvious that they were sneaking into our land?"

"Good point," She sighed, running her fingers through her blonde hair, "For now, I want paired patrols around the manor and paired patrols around the perimeter through the night. we'll do four-hour shifts each,"

"Alpha, you're patrolling, too?" Hoseok spoke quietly, "I don't think that is a good idea. You're the one we want to protect,"

Bee narrowed her eyes at him, "You're all treating me as if I'm not a part of this pack. I am more than capable of taking care of myself,"

"Counter-proposal," Daisy spoke up, trying to avoid upsetting everyone, "Alpha can patrol within the treeline of the town. We didn't consider that they might try to enter in human form,"

"They're more likely to do that," Namjoon said, "The fence was to distract us, I'm sure,"

"Fine," Bee growled, "I will patrol along the treeline for four hours, then the next group will patrol along the perimeter," She sighed, "We don't have enough wolves for an efficient patrol,"

There was silence among them. Bee was right. Their pack was small. They were strong and powerful, but they were still few in number compared to the pack across the mountain.

"I'll patrol with you, Alpha," Namjoon said, breaking the silence.

Bee nodded, "Hoseok, you and Jungkook patrol and guard the manor for now," She stripped herself of her clothes as she moved towards the door, "Everyone else get some rest. We'll switch in four hours,"