Twenty: Taking The Job Seriously

Namjoon had locked the intruder wolf in a room in the attic and per Bee's instructions, left him there, sat outside to guard it. She said that she wanted to let him realise the extent of his situation before anyone talked to him.

So instead, Taehyung and Jimin (Jin was patrolling the outside of the manor) were waiting a little nervously in the hall for Jungkook and Daisy to return with Hoseok and Cheng. The atmosphere was tense, mostly because of the Alpha.

Bee was sat in the armchair, but her foot was tapping on the floor and her eyes were fierce and full of flames. There was black smoke curling out of her exposed skin and when Taehyung commented that the chair might burst into flames, Bee shot him a glare so sharp that he actually recoiled and apologised.

After ten minutes or so of sitting in silence, the front door opened and Jungkook stormed in angrily with Hoseok and Cheng behind him and Daisy bringing up the rear.

"Alpha, we're-" Hoseok started but Jungkook cut him off with a snarl.

"They were too busy fucking to realise that we had been infiltrated by the other pack!"

Both Cheng and Hoseok remained silent.

"We found them away from their posts further in the forest," Daisy said quietly, hanging back, "They didn't even realise that we were there,"

Bee stood up and each member of the pack took a step back as a blast of scorching air erupted from her, hot enough that Jimin was sure his eyebrows had been singed.

"I thought you cared more about your pack," She said, her voice cold and low, "Yet you leave your posts and let another wolf into our territory. Jimin could have been killed because of you. But you can't even say anything?"

Cheng immediately shifted to wolf form, sleek and a brown so dark it was almost black. She lay down and rolled onto her back with a whimper, revealing her snow-white stomach.

Bee turned her gaze to Hoseok, who did the same. Both wolves lay silently, emitting an occasional whimper as she stood over them angrily.

Flames appeared on her hands and ran up her arms, making Jungkook take a step back as well.

"I am finding it hard to get a second that I can actually trust to do their job properly," She said finally, turning away from the pair of wolves on the floor.

"Taehyung you will be my second, as you seem to be the only one willing to take your job seriously. Organise this bunch of assholes into patrol shifts. Hoseok and Cheng are not to patrol alone. Daisy, you go to the library to guard Yoongi," Bee shifted her firey gaze to Jimin, "You will stay with me. Move,"

A little surprised, Taehyung nodded and stood. Bee strode from the room and Jimin jumped up, rushing after her so as not to make her angry.

He followed her still-smoking form up the stairs to her bedroom, where she turned to face him.

"I'm sorry," She said sharply, before taking a deep breath. The smoke stopped coming from her skin and her eyes turned back to icy silver. She seemed to be tired and slowly moved back, taking a seat on her bed, "I'm sorry," She repeated, "I shouldn't have let you go by yourself. I just wanted to express that I trust you,"

Jimin smiled, "It wasn't your fault. Nobody knew he was there,"

Bee narrowed her eyes, "We should have known he was there. That's why we have patrols. Were you hurt?" 

Jimin sank down on the bed next to her and shook his head, "No, I'm okay. I was a bit startled but I'm fine,"

"Good," They sat in silence for a while before Jimin worked up the courage to speak.

"When you use fire, does it make you tired?" Bee looked at him, "It's just that I noticed that every time you get fired up you seem a bit weak after,"

She looked down at her hands, "Yeah, it makes me tired. I can't control when I use it, either," She sighed, "I haven't had anyone help me. They just treat me like I'm cursed. When I was born, my parents thought the same thing. It's why they banished me from the pack,"

Jimin frowned, "They banished you? Taehyung didn't say that,"

"Because they didn't want to seem like bad parents. They were the Alpha pair and I was born to be Alpha, but I couldn't dishonour their pack so they made me leave. They at least sent some wolves with me," She stood up suddenly, "Enough about me. I want to see what Yoongi has found,"

She walked quickly out of her room and Jimin smiled before following her. She obviously wasn't used to sharing personal information about herself, but Jimin was glad to be getting closer to her. If he could get to know her well, maybe he would be able to help her.