chap6-3(look)

Four feet came to a halt when we witnessed the scene in front of us.

"Who is that guy?" four words that were spat out of my mouth to meet the simplest answer.

"One of the cameramen" 

"I meant why are they talki-" the last part of the phrase choked me before the words managed to come out, when I saw him grasp her hand and pull her to him. Right there, and before I knew it, my right foot moved forward on its own record, and just when the other was about to follow and move, my dad's hand was placed firmly on my shoulder holding me right where I was, preventing me from walking straight into a catastrophe... Actually... from creating a catastrophe.

"That, my dear, is her ex-husband. Henry Stephens"

With my eyes still trained on the two of them right outside the building "He-he works here?!" I asked

"Yes"

"And she just came on the show when he-"

"She didn't know. I thought she did but I heard them figh-.well... Conversing, in the waiting room, before I went in"

I glanced at him before I accused him"You mean you eavesdropped"  I turned to witness if I had missed a thing and I found out that she's managed to push his hand away

THAT'S GOOD!!

"I wouldn't really say that... It was just.. Listening"

Right at that moment, a car pulled up in front of them and right behind my dad's vehicle; the one we were walking towards before we witnessed this scene and halted. Some guy fully tensed and ready to attack went down from it, yet he remained still in his place, just like I was now...  He somehow seems a bit familiar though...

THAT'S JOSHUA!!

I drew my focus back on the other two as a couple more words seemed to be exchanged between them before she turned and left, leaving him standing dumbfounded and unmoving.

"well, I guess it ENDED" dad reassured me with a couple of pats on the shoulder before his hand retreated and went back to dangle on his side as he walked away in triumph, passing the glass doors and walking straight to his car.

I turned my feet to go and head back up to my office, however, like some sort of power took control of them and pulled them towards it; my eyes averted to look back to the man outside only to find him looking directly at me.

"I believe it just started dad"

'cause that LOOK meant something