MARYAM SERIES: Chapter 3

Distressed was the exact word to describe Maryam's state after she ended the call from her friend Sumaiyya. And the state was followed by the usual thought ' Why always my plan never works'. The plan to complete Quran more number of times than Sumaiyya this Ramadaan but like everytime Sumaiyya was way ahead of her as she already had completed 26 Juz of Quran while she staggered at 12.
But deciding not to get hopeless as she still had 19/18 rozas left she could complete Quran more number of times than Sumaiyya only if she increased her speed of recitation and finally have an eid where she could show off instead of Sumaiyya.
Maryam rushed to the washroom to do wudu.Hannaan who uptill now was engrossed in the cutworm he found in peas while shelling them along with her mother and which she had asked him to throw in dustbin was suddenly intrigued by his sister's action he left cutworm on the leaf of indoor plant so that he doesn't starve and rushed after his sister.

Madiha was folding the laundry while reciting astaghfar and enjoying the silence .When her silence was broken by shrieking noises and she instantly knew who their source would most likely be. As she rushed to Maryam's room only to have her irritation replaced with amusement as she saw Maryam scowling at Hannaan with hands on her waist with Hannaan mirroring her expressions but his hand on his head trying to stop his father's head cap which was too big for his small head and hence kept on falling onto his eyes.

Madiha tried to understand the cause of their banter but it was next to impossible to understand with both of them speaking together.But what caught her attention was Maryam consistent repetition of statement of wanting to complete Quran faster.Thinking she knew what was the crux of the banter she sent Hannaan to his dad to recite to him his Noorani Kaida.
Then making Maryam sit Madiha sat beside her and asked her the real problem and when she finally listened his daughter's entire saga, she realised that her daughter just like many Muslim brothers and sisters was trapped in the popular trend which treated reciting Quran as some kind of race in Ramadaan thereby snatching away it's true beauty.

'Ramadaan is not about completing Quran Maryam ,its about connecting with Quran' said Madiha to begin explaining her daughter the real meaning of reciting Quran especially in Ramadaan .Completing Quran do hold rewards but do you know what's more valuable than that reward .Maryam curiously looked at Madiha as she continued .It's love .Love for ALLAH SWT and HIS words .When we try to understand Quran we realize the miracle it is and just as miraculous as were parting of Red sea or bringing back of dead to life .And suppose Maryam if you made a handmade card for me with lot of love and care but I just go through it indifferently ,wouldn't you be disappointed .Maryam nodded in affirmative .

ALLAH SWT sent to us Quran filled with lots of love and care so don't you think Maryam he would be disappointed the way we treat HIS love and care ...like a race.Maryam looked down feeling ashamed. Madiha smiled and made her look at her as she continued .You know what AR RAHMAN SWT is all loving and kind and so instead of being disappointed HE patiently waits for us to connect with HIS words and know how much HE loves us .So Maryam don't you wanna know how much ALLAH SWT loves you ?.Maryam nodded vigorously. Madiha kissed her forehead and said' Understand HIS words ,connect with Quran rather than racing to complete Quran.And also
don't you go on hurting Sumaiyya as you explain her the meaning of reciting Quran'.Maryam beamed at her mother and hugged her.

Mother daughter moment was broken by the dramatic entry by Hannaan who was still wearing his father big head cap and now accompanied by his father as he announced happily that he had completed his Noorani Kaida over nine times.Madiha heavily sighed thinking how was she going to explain this little minion the real meaning of reciting of Quran but then also she could not deny the surge of happiness she felt seeing her daughter finally understanding what reciting of Quran actually means ,happiness of seeing her over-enthusiastic son to impress his LORD and happiness of seeing her husband beaming at her even though his eyes was all red and somewhat swollen due to all the crying he had to go through while chopping onions for onion fritters .No other word than Alhamdullilah could do justice to what she felt.

Sadly whether it's Taraweeh or reciting of Quran in ramadaan has turned into a race where we do recite Quran but fail to connect .So this Ramadaan let's aim to understand and connect with Quran rather than just completing it🌴

Bismillah

A new chapter. Hope you will all like it.
Do remember me and ummah in your precious duas.
Faqat,
Sadaf

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu🌴