MARYAM SERIES :Chapter 10

It was mid afternoon of 29th roza, Madiha was engaged in a call from her sister in law cum best friend Shamsa talking on topics like the probability of eid happening tomorrow or they being lucky to have one more day of Ramadaan ,to topics of unsympathetic attitude of people going out buying expensive clothes for eid at time of such crises ....this topic made Madiha feel ashamed as in those people also came her family. Despite her numerous efforts ,she had failed to make her mother understand and now thinking about it only brought anger and annoyance .Thus she swiftly changed the topic to restyling old clothes for eid.

Finally after lots of Salam they ended the call.Madiha smiled looking at the phone and was thinking to go to her wardrobe to try out Shamsa' s styling tips. When Maryam laid her head down on Madiha's lap .Madiha smiled and fondly caressed her as Maryam asked her ," Mamma ,is it possible for someone who  knows Quran, knows Sunnahs of our Prophet and ALLAH SWT ' s immense love and care,  to disobey ALLAH SWT....like instead of  serving those in need, one  goes on serving himself? " Madiha instantly knew the Maryam's question reflected on her conversation with Shamsa' on people buying expensive clothes for eid. But all now Madiha could think of her mother and her sisters being in that category ...& anger and frustration she felt ,made her mind so blurry to come up with an answer to her daughter's question .As Madiha remained silent,Yusuf who was sitting across her teaching Hannaan tables,spoke up.

"Yes it is possible ". "But Abbu , how can it be"?  Turning her head towards him, Maryam asked being all confused.Yusuf smiled and said ," Do you remember the story of Prophet Musa I told you and Hannaan last month."? Both Maryam and Hannaan nodded their head, even though Yusuf was only looking towards Maryam." So you remember how on one hand the Egyptian magician accepted Islam after seeing just one  miracle in front of Pharaoh while on the other hand, ALLAH SWT showed Bani Israel so many miracles but only some them embraced Islam but hided it due to the fear of Pharaoh. Even after ALLAH SWT showed them miracles of parting of Red sea ,the devastation of their dictator ,they went on asking to Prophet Musa for an idol that they could worship.

  But still ALLAH SWT didn't deprived them of HIS mercy  instead HE provided them with 12 streams and food and shade in a deserted land .But still Bani Isra'il continued to defy HIS commands from refusing to enter Jerusalam ,to even going on to worshipping God other than HIM. But AR RAHMAN SWT kept showing them mercy and miracles ....from raising mountain over their heads,to giving them Taurat(Torah) ,and to the extent even agreed to their demands of wanting to listen to HIM. But they went on angering HIM by demanding to see HIM so HE put an end to them but only to raise them again on Prophet Musa' s dua just to show HIS unbounded power and mercy so that they could be among believers .But even after that only some believed . That's how it is, some only need one sign to accept the truth like magician while others...take longer time..like people of Bani Isra'il and then also only few comprehend".

"Through these stories in Quran ALLAH SWT just not want us to learn about the people of past but also to prevent us from becoming like them i.e ALLAH SWT knew that these kind of people will exist in this ummah too.  "So these people are as hopeless as Bani Isra'il " Maryam asked . Madiha looked curiously at Yusuf .Yusuf nodded his head in negative as he said, " We have no right to say that. The Pharaoh of this time is society, people fear from being looked down upon by society so they end up being disobedient many times in their desire to impress society but we can't go on calling them hopeless .Understand like this in the story of Bani Israel we mainly tend to  focus on their disobedience while ignoring one of the most powerful and beautiful part i.e ALLAH SWT' s mercy. HE went on giving them miracles after miracles ,fulfilling their wishes ,chances after chances just so that they be among believers.

When Bani Israel refused to enter Jerusalam ALLAH SWT did punished them as prohibiting their entrance into the city for 40yrs but did he stop their sustenance ? No ,he went on giving them water and food ..HE is AL- MALIK, HE owns everything HE could have stopped their sustenance but He didn't ....that's HIS unlimited mercy."When HE being AL - AZEEZ ,AL- ATHEEM SWT  could went on giving chances  and not giving up on people like Bani Isra'il when HE had every right to punish them then who are we to give up on people who we feel are astray. We have no right to judge someone ,only AL- ADL SWT has ...also we have no right to become a lawyer and debate over who is good and who is bad ...we need to be what we were made to be by ALLAH SWT ...an Abd( servant) of AR - RAHMAN SWT .And as that we can only provide dawah to people and even if that has no effect ,ALLAH SWT gave us dua as a weapon we must use it to ask for their guidance" .Yusuf said the last sentence looking at Madiha .

When Hannaan slowly muttered, " I wish my maths teacher gave me so many chances at reciting tables".But his slow utterance was not so low as all three of them heard him .Maryam and Yusuf beamed at him as Yusuf said, "Only ALLAH SWT can be that merciful and maths teacher being  lenient will always be an  unfulfilled dream son!!." While Madiha looked at her family  feeling all grateful as how her RAB eased her doubts and provided relief through her daughter's question and her husband' s beautiful answer. She smiled widely and  muttered Alhamdullilah as she looked at her family ,the ' Rahma ' of AR RAHMAN SWT laughing in front of her.

As Ramadaan comes to an end let's promise ourselves that this end marks the beginning of us not acting as judges or lawyers but only what ALLAH SWT made us to be an 'Abd  of HIS'. And if we find someone in darkness let us be the light for them..it's alright even if we can't be the sun or the moon , but only a little star in the vast darkness..but be that little star...because often a little speck of light is enough to make someone fall in love with AR RAHMAN SWT and return back to HIM.🌿🌿

Bismillah

Do remember me and entire ummah in your precious duas.

Faqat abd e AR RAHMAN
Sadaf

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu🌿