46

"What do you say?" Taehyung hummed and flicked the boys chin lightly.

Jeongguk was frozen, he was a block of ice, mummified. The older smiles and pulls the boy down, now being plopped on top of the male and their faces inches apart the younger nuzzled his face into Taehyung's chest. Maybe from embarrassment.

"Yeah..."

The man was relieved and over joyed but held it all in. With his hand ruffling through the boys hair he slyly chuckles, "I couldn't hear you... can you say it again?" Jeongguk quickly lifted his head up and pouted, "you heard me!" He knitted his eyebrows and looked away. Dramatically Taehyung muttered, "guess you don't like me then... I can't believe it, might just go and find some other curly haired cutie...hey— wait don't cry! I'm sorry!! I heard you!!"

Jeongguk's face went from an angry pout to a regretful shock, and finally letting out small sobs. 'Why do I always do this?' Taehyung asked himself before shifting his body up with the younger still in his arms. Now that the two were sitting up, the older felt the warm tears on his shoulders and pulled the boy off him for a moment, "I'm sorry baby... I just really like you and everything that has to do with you. I- I just needed to make sure."

Nuzzling himself back into the olders neck, Jeongguk mumbles, "I like you too, I love you."

It was hard to hold his excitement in when he'd finally heard those words come out of the boys mouth, therefore without knowing, Taehyung's arms snaked around that boys waist and hugged him tightly. "Let's head back to Seoul."

Jeongguk jolts and looks at the older nervously, "if we head back, we won't be like this anymore. I would only see you during work..." this didn't sit well with the boy, he wanted to stay like this. Living in a shitty small apartment that's about to fall apart and having no one know who they were. He liked that, but Taehyung reassured, "we can stay over at each other's places you know."

"Ah I see, let me tell Lee so that he could let the boss know. He has to send in a notice to end our lease here." Jeongguk crawled out of the males arms and walked over to grab his phone. 'Right, I forgot to see if he had texted me back yesterday...' opening his messaging app, Lee had indeed replied to the boy. The officer had shared his opinion on who he thought Taehyung had liked and he wasn't far off. The message simply read, "well I think the only person officer Kim has an interest or is curious in is you. So who knows, anyways my girlfriend bought the rabbits little bows, look!"

An image of the officers two rabbits were shown, one with a red bow and the other with a pink one. Jeongguk smiled from ear to ear and complimented them while letting Lee know that they'll be heading back to Seoul. Taehyung had hopped out of bed and was now in the bathroom brushing his teeth and rubbing his neck, "wanna head to my place first for a while?"

The younger had no objections but wondered if the man had something important that he had to tend to at home. So he walked to the bathrooms entrance and leaned on the door, "sure, but why yours first?" The older finished wiping his face and turned around, "you see, my dog has been in doggie day care for a while and I don't think it's healthy for us to be separated for long... so I was planning that we go pick him up and head to mine?" Jeongguk gasps and jittered excitedly, "YOU HAVE A DOG?"

Taehyung chuckles and kisses the boy on the cheeks, "yup, and I'm sure he'll love you."

-

From the morning till afternoon the two were stuffing their belongings back into their luggage's and seeing the shitty little alarm still resting on the drawer, Taehyung turned to ask, "can I keep this?"

Knowing that the alarm was something the older hated so much, Jeongguk chuckled, "yeah."