Chapter 2: On Fire (Tyler POV)

I woke up, it was a normal day... I knew it, my body felt sore though, I just wanted to go back to sleep, maybe I would wake up and it would all wear off. I knew that it wasn't to be true though, I sighed and just stared at the ceiling.
The alarm clock... Yes, that's what woke me up, that damn alarm clock! I slammed my hand into it, turned it off, it made a loud crackling noise, and then it shut off. I hope that I did not break it, I hated the annoying thing, but it was not only thing they could wake me up in the morning.
I sat there for a few moments, pondering whether I should go to sleep or not. But I knew that I could not, Alli, the poor lady would be waiting for me, wondering why I wasn't there yet. She probably would not be worried, she probably wouldn't care at all in fact.
She probably would just be upset and be sitting there waiting for me. I had never missed a day of work out there in my life. This would not just all of the sudden be my first. I thought back to the lady Alli, she was a nice lady, some where in her 30s, she didn't really care all that much about me though.
In fact, I don't think many people in this community really cared about me. I knew how to make it out there on my own, I had been taught to, when my father was still alive. I knew how to hunt and all of that, my aim was amazing, that was one of the main reasons I was considered I top wall guard.
There was only 1 reason why I still stayed in the community... That was for Angela, I was still in love with her, I had been for several years... Before her boyfriend and after her boyfriend had died... She still did not have a thing for me.
I was confused, sure, I was not as good looking as Tony, but I was always kind and sweet to her. I was the only 1 in the whole community that gave her birthday gifts. Every time I asked she told me she did not want to talk about it.
She still had a small faint of hope that her boyfriend was still out there somewhere... I did not think that he was, sure... She might be right about the other community getting attacked, but if they were then odds are he went down with them.
Shannon, she always shook it off, I think it was mainly because she did not want to scare everyone in the community. But surely, they had to have been attacked, fire could not have spread that much in the regions that were sperated so far apart.
I had been there before, and after as well. There were was blood on the ground everywhere... If they had been torn apart, surely some of them you would have seen them sitting around there dead.
Tony... The poor guy, me and him were actually close friends before... Before he started dating Angela of course, after that, he despised me every time he saw my face. It was sad, he did not want Angela ever talking to me, and for a while, she didn't.
But after Tony had gone missing, she finally came back to her senses, I had confessed my love for her several times after that as well... Every time she always shook it off. I was always so nice and sweet to her, not even her brother Ben understood it.
I sat there for a few moments, Ben... I had heard he was going on his final mission. After that he was going to finish his training, he was supposed to be out there for a few weeks... It had been nearly a week already.
Maybe, I did not know what day it was, or how long it had been. I never kept track of time anymore, unless it was near Angela's birthday, and then I would get her a present. She was always grateful...
Her birthday was still a few more months away, I was not worried about the calendar anymore. I sat there, I looked at the clock. I looked at the time, I had been sitting there for a few moments too many. I was going to be late, maybe... If I didn't take a shower, and I just changed my clothes I could probably get there on time.
Hopefully Alli would not be too upset, she normally didn't, I rarely saw her get pissed off. I looked at the time on the clock, 1:30... I had to be there by 2:00 it was 15 minutes away, 5-10 if I have myself a good jog.
It had been a while since I had jogged, I went ahead and slowly pulled myself out of my bed. Then I walked over to my dresser. I looked at the clothes... All so boring, no one had made anything cool every since this virus had spread everywhere.
It was all just 1 color... I went ahead and grabbed a blue shirt, the pants... I decided to just where a pear of athletic shorts. It was probably going to start getting cold real soon, might as well enjoy the warm weather while we still had it I suppose.
I then grabbed a pair of socks and a pair of undies. I walked over to my shoes, this is where the clothes section was kind of nicer. I looked at all of my tennis shoes, for some reason, something was telling me I might be needing those today.
Not even just for jogging, I had this weird feeling that I might be needing it for running. I shivered, maybe the warm water of my shower might heal whatever my mind was thinking right now. I picked up a pair of blue and green shoes and then I walked into the bathroom.
Once I was in there, I began taking the clothes off that I had worn yesterday. I looked at the shower... For some reason the ground at the bottom of the tub, was red... I blinked for a few moments trying to wear it off, and then it was gone just as soon as I had seen it.
It looked almost like blood, I hope I wasn't in one of those strange nightmares again. I had those pretty often, I would think it was all real, and it would all be fake and all be so scary. I closed my eyes for a few moments, I needed to think.
I knew it wasn't real... My mother, she had been murdered in a shower... That was when I was real young. I was in the baby crib. My father had video footage of the guy walking up to the crib and then smiling... All the while swinging his knife around.
After that had happened, my father had told me, every day he would wake up to hear me screaming and crying. Babies do remember things in fact, it is almost like it is stored deep in your memory, so when your body is conscious you can't seem to remember that.
I looked at the mirror, it was just me, I was the only person there... I shook my head, the world was different, the community was good, very rarely did something bad happen. Usually when there was something that did happen, it never was a murder or anything of that sort.
I looked at the large window that was sitting right beside the shower. I remember the day, I was about 16... The day that I had found out that Angela had started dating Tony. I went in the shower and just cried for several hours, sitting there in the warm water.
The water never got cold in our community, we had a large water system it was always warm, the builders of this community had done a good job... But back to what I was thinking about in the first place.
I looked through the window, a large one that basically went through the whole shower room. I wondered why anyone had even made the house like this in the first place. When I looked at the window I saw someone staring at me.
It was a girl, a girl that I had been talking to for a while. She was watching me and smiling. I covered my crouch region and she began blushing. Was she watching me? Why else would she just randomly be in my back yard?
I knew that she had a crush on me, she had never come straight out and confessed it to me. But I always could tell. She walked back but she was still looking at me. I uncovered my crouch, I suddenly was not feeling scared or wondering why she was watching me.
She was a nice girl, a year younger than me, I always did like her, but I always had Angela mainly in my eyes. I guess I had been to blind to see her this whole time... Bailey... That was her name, she was good looking, maybe not as nice as Angela, I was so lonely though.
I pointed to her, as if it was a way to say, come into my place! She looked at me a bit surprised, then she nodded to me, she quickly began walking over. Once I did not see her any more I heard her open the back door of my place.
This was not the first time she had been in my place, she knew where my room was. Well, it also was kind of obvious as well. It was the only room in the whole house. I waited for her to walk into the bathroom. I heard her walking into the room.
When she walked into the bathroom, I saw her, she was there. She did not have her shirt on. I gulped, but I was ready for something like this. I was so lonely anyways. I looked at her and smiled, she had nice breast, a nice ass. I nodded for her to come in.