Chapter 15: Tyler?!

We sat there, staring at basically nothing for a few moments longer. I had no thoughts going into my mind right now, nor did I want to have any... It seemed like my mentor, Christian, felt the exact opposite right now. I could see him stroking his chin, and just staring through the fields at where the gunshots were coming from, at the community.
Were we getting sabotaged? What was going on? I could not bare just standing there for any longer, that was one thing that I knew for sure. I could see that the sun was already halfway to the sky, and it was quite a bit of a walk to get to the house, we needed to get there before dark, I did not want to be outside in the dark another night.
There were also things that I wanted, and needed to do before we actually got there, and I was getting a bit antsy just standing there. I shook my head, and then looked over at Christian, who was still just standing there and staring. I waved me hands to try to get his attention on me.
It seemed to not do a very good job, he had either not seen me waving basically directly at his face, or he was just not paying any attention to me. I felt like it was the 2nd one, as it usually tended to be... He told me that he always knew what was going on around him.
I was actually beginning to question that, I had a bit of a doubt in my mind of whether that was true or not. I had just saved his life, from the dead that was walking up to the porch... I doubt he had just done that to test me, any second more and he would have been bitten.
I grabbed on to his shoulder, trying to get him to pay attention to me. He did not respond to anything that I had just done, and now, it was really beginning to irritate me... Why did he have to be like this sometimes? It was almost as if he was the trainee and I was the mentor right now.
After a few moments of him still just staring at the fields, however, he finally looked over at me and he nodded to me to start talking. I looked behind him, seeing the sun getting lower and lower in the sky, and I shook my head. Then I began to speak my mind to him.
"Before we get there... I need to get my bag, and my actual gun, I left it at Kim's place, Im not sure I remember where her house was, but I am sure that I can retrace it if we go through the market place." I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments, any normal person would think that he was paying attention to me, and he just had nothing to say about it.
I knew better however, I had been around him more than any other person. Besides maybe his wife, and my step father, but they were gone now, so it did not really matter all that much. He just sat there, with a bit of a blank look on his face, which was starting to get me a bit upset.
I balled up my fist in my hand, almost wanting to punch him. But I held myself and just tried my best to stay calm. I did grab on to him, and start shaking him to get his attention on me. Once he looked at me, I began to repeat what I had just said to him, but he interrupted me just as soon as I had started to talk...
"I heard you kid... I know where her place is at, so don't even bother, its just the opposite way that we need to be going. It is already half past noon..." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, I already knew the answer that he was signifying to me, and it got me quite a bit upset.
Just as I was about to say something back to him, I heard the gunshots begin to start popping once again. I saw one of the dead, walking down the road on the streets heading towards where it was coming from... A part of me did not want to go to the community house, I already knew there was going to be a massive heard.
Maybe that was what they were planning, they were trying to take over this place... Maybe even make it an outpost. I shivered, and then I heard a plate drop in the kitchen. Me and Christian both moved our heads to the inside of the house.
Neither of us did anything however, odds are there was nothing to worry about, and we had wasted enough time as is as well. Chester or Liam probably dropped something when they had heard the gun shots. We did not need to walk in to make sure that they were okay, I already knew that they were.
If we walked in another time, it would be a massive waste of our time. I knew that Chester loved to talk his head off, and it would only get Liam even more worried. He thought that we had already left, however, we were sitting there on the porch still.
After a few moments of me staring inside the house, at the window beside the door, not able to see anything because the curtains were closed, I turned my head over to Christian, I was very angry, and I could tell that he noticed it out of me as well, but I did not care, I wanted to let him know how angry I really was.
"Okay Christian, if you want to waste some more of your, so so, sweet time, on the porch, then be my guest. I am going to go find Kim's house and get all of my stuff, and then I am going to get my bag and head over to the community house. I bet you as well, that I will get there before you." I said to him, squinting my eyes at him, letting him know that I was upset.
He squinted his eyes back on me, and I rolled my eyes, and then began to walk off of the front porch... I did not have time to waste, just to mess around and have silly talk. I needed to get my stuff, and then I needed to get the job done, that Christian had planned on doing in the first place.
He was being very hypocritical right now, I did not say anything about it however, maybe I would save it for another day, when he started to tell me to stop thinking so much, then I would let him remember what he was doing, just standing on the front porch this day.
As I began walking, and I was halfway through the gravel driveway, I heard him speak back to me. I turned my head to him, still squinting my eyes at him, wondering what it was that he felt like he should say to me, to go ahead and waste more of my time.
"I'm sorry kid, I am just trapped in my memories, you are right, lets go get your shit, and then lets go save the human race..." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, wondering if he was being for real, or if we actually began to head over there, he was just going to end up wasting even more of our sweet time.
He looked at me, and then he nodded, and then he began to walk off of the front porch, I looked at him, and nodded, just to make sure that he was being serious, he nodded back to me, but I still was not so sure. He took the lead to Kim's place, since he knew the community a lot better than I did.
I shook my head as he began to walk opposite to the community house, I looked over for a few moments, and then I shivered, remembering hearing the gunshots from the community house. I could only imagine what was going on over there, it made me feel sick, I felt like more people were going to die.
We had already lost over a thousand, we did not need to lose any more lives, I was not even sure if our community could rebuild from this in the first place. I hoped that we could, but if what I thought was happening at the community house, truly was happening, then there would be no coming back from this road that we were destined on.
I did not want to think about it any longer, but I could not shake those thoughts out of my head. We would have to worry about it when we actually got to the community house, and we could not just hide inside our house with Chester and my brother, that was the cowards way of living your life.
I knew I had grown up quite a bit on the last month or so, and I had to thank Christian for a lot of that, he had taught me so much in the short time that we had been together. I knew he would not be happy if he heard me say this out loud to him, but it was almost as if he was my father figure.
I shook my head, and then kept on walking behind him, seeing the crosses that the dead people were sitting on, and the trees that they were hanging from. They saw us, and they were reaching their heads over at us, biting at us, as if they thought that they were right up on us.
I looked over at Christian to see if he had noticed it, but if he had, he had not payed any attention to it... I shivered feeling like I was about to vomit, but I kept on walking behind him. As we were walking, I was beginning to remember to path that me and Chester had taken to get to the grocery store, which was the easy part, due to me being there so many times before in my life...
That was not the part that I was focusing in on. I realized the path over to Kim's place. I almost wanted to step in front of him, and take the lead, but I could not be too sure. I was a bit worn out that day, and my memory felt very vivid, even though it had happened literally yesterday.
I was happy as is, just letting Christian take the lead, if he really knew where her place was at, it was better off that he took the lead anyways. I wanted to close my eyes, but I realized that I could not, I was still a bit tired because of the last couple of nights.
I looked around, expecting to see the dead walking all around us, just like they had been the last couple of days. However, I did not see any of the dead mulling around the community anywhere. I wondered how that could be true all of the sudden, but then I realized how dumb I was.
I was glad that I had not said that out loud to Christian, I knew that all of the dead were probably going after the community house right now, hearing all of the gunshots. We kept on walking, but then I suddenly saw that Christian went to a stop.
I wondered what it could be, I did not see any of the dead on the roads anywhere. I looked around, just in case, even behind our back, even though I knew that Christian would be running right now if he saw a bunch of the dead behind us.
I turned my head over to see what it wad that Christian was looking at. He suddenly pointed to it, making it much easier for me to see. I realized right away what it was, I looked at the person, seeing that they were guarding the tower for some odd reason.
I saw that it was a bit of a younger gentleman, I could not see the guys face, so I could not recognize him, he had his back turned to us, and he was gunning down a bunch of the dead with a silenced assault rife. What was going on, I looked at my mentor for answers, but he looked just as confused as I was.
So... They weren't using silencers at the community house, but they were using silencers here? That did not make very much sense to me. I knew that we had made plenty of silencers for around the community, clearly this guy was a part of the community as well.
Why were they not using silencers at the community house? Where they purposely trying to pull the dead over to there? That just did not make very much sense to me at all. I looked at my mentor for a few moments, as he turned his head over to me and then he nodded for me to follow him.
I began to follow him, as we snuck up on the guy, just to see if we noticed him to be a part of our community. As we got closer, I was beginning to see more and more of the sides of the face... And the shirt, I had seen someone wearing that shirt before.
As we got even closer, I then saw the guy turn around, not towards us, but it was enough to catch of glimpse of his face. Christian noticed who it was right away, and he yelled to him.
"Tyler?!"