Chapter 9: Safe Place

I looked at my brother, he was going across the room, putting a bunch clothes into a bag. We were getting ready to get back home, my thoughts were not on him getting ready on getting clothes however. I had a different sort of thing that I was worried about for my brother.
It was not me worrying about the fact that he was going to need clothes, it was more the fact that he was about to go outside with me and Christian outside the house where all of the dead were mulling around. I shivered thinking about how Liam would react to all of this.
I feared, that he might freak out and run away from us, that was the last thing that I wanted from my brother. I almost wanted to carry him, but I knew that he was not a little kid anymore. I doubt that he would even let me, even if I could do that.
I watched as he then turned his head back over to me, he nodded to me to let me know that he was ready to go. I looked at him for a few moments, not taking in the fact of what he had just done. I then looked at him, and blinked a few times.
I realized what he was signifying to me, I then nodded back to him. As I went over to go pick up the fairly large back for him. He had everything in it, he knew, that we were not going to be back here. Not ever, Lilly was gone now, there was not much reason to.
I looked back at the front door of the room, it was open now. The blood was still laying down on the carpet, but Lilly was gone. Christian had thankfully taken her out for a proper burial. I wanted to go with him, but Liam did not want to go, so I decided to stay with my brother.
I looked down at the ground a bit sadly, I knew that she was a part of the dead, she had been gone for quite some time already. But her body was still there... There was a part of me that wished that she was still sitting there beside the door to the room.
I shook my head, that was the wrong way to think about all of that, she had not been the same, she was a part of the dead, I looked at my brother a bit sadly, I could tell that he was not the same. He never would be, I felt sick, just thinking about him having to do something like that at such a young age.
I closed my eyes for a few moments, but then I opened them, hearing the footsteps of my brother walking to the other side of the room. I saw him walking over to the door, whilst looking at me at the same time. I could tell that he too was ready to go, he did not want to be here any longer.
I looked at my brother, and then I nodded back to him once again. I looked at the blood that was laying all over the door, wall, and carpet. Then I shook my head, I had to stop thinking about all of that. I then began to walk over past the door.
My brother followed not too far behind me, I looked back at him, I could tell that he was trying not to think about it either, but he was struggling. I felt sick once again thinking back on what he had to do. I kept on walking, through the hallway, which was the worst part out of all of this.
Once we were out of there, I could still tell that my brother was in pain, but he did not look like he was about to start crying. I wanted to go over to him and give him a hug, but I don't think that he wanted that quite right now.
I just kept on walking over to the front door with him, hearing his footsteps following from behind. I could hear it in his footsteps as well, I could hear the pain. Sometimes it was good to hear that, and other times like right now, I just did not want to think about it.
I knew what Christian had taught me about all of sounds of the footsteps, it was good... But at times like these, I kind of wish I had not learned about some of the things that he had taught me. I closed my eyes for a few moments, hearing my brother stop right behind me.
We sat there for a few moments, neither of us said anything to each other, but after a few moments, I heard my brother cough. He was trying to get me to pay attention back onto what was going on around me. I did not look at him, but I did nod however, and then opened the door to get out of Lilly's house.
I saw Christian pouring out all of the dirt onto the grave that he had put for Lilly. Me and my brother sat there for a few moments, neither of us even daring to go over to it, to see her one last time, I might regret it, but I could just not bring myself to it.
After a few moments, Christian then stopped pouring out all of the dirt onto the grave. He wiped his hands off, and then turned his head back to Lilly's house. He noticed that me and Liam were just standing there on the front porch, and he looked at us a bit sadly for a few moments.
Eventually he nodded however, and he began to walk over to us, to where we were just sitting on the the porch. I watched as he just looked down at the ground as he began walking over to us. I then squinted, trying to see if I could see any emotions that were coming from his face.
It was like he had told me to do, he was showing no emotions, maybe he was right, while it kind of hurt me, because I would not feel happiness... I tend to get a lot more pain than I got from happiness. I shook my head, and then began to listen to him as he began to speak to us.
"Alright you 2... Lets get you to a safe place..."