Chapter 4: Someones in there...

I looked around, the lamp was surely enough to light up the room enough for me to see right? I did not see what it was that standing out so much to Christian. To me, this looked like a normal crawl space. But Christian, as I looked at him, he had his eyes set on something.
After a few more moments of silence, I was now starting to get a bit frustrated, it was my idea to go look in on the crawl space, but he was the one that was just sitting there staring at nothing. We needed to go, there was only one other place to look, if he was not there, then I knew where he was at.
I shivered remembering the stories that Tony had told us about the little kids, I knew, while he might be a part of them, he was not joking. That guy, the the small group in the mountains had locked up, I could tell, he was evil... I did not blame him though, from what I could tell, he had learned it from somewhere.
"Do you not see it Ben? I thought that I taught you better than that..." He said to me. I looked at Christian a bit confused still as to what he was talking about. I looked at what he was pointing at, and I still was quite a bit confused, I did not see anything out of the ordinary.
I kept on staring, I could tell that he was now the one that was starting to get a bit upset. But I was just genuinely confused as to what he was talking about. I then turned my hear back at him, I was not going to lie to my mentor, I had no idea what it was that he thought was standing out.
"I'm sorry Christian, it just looks like a normal crawl space to me." I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments, as if, either it was he, or I that was going crazy. I was so confused, this was perfectly normal, there was nothing in here...
He moved the lamp closer towards what he was pointing at, I saw a bit of wet wood, but that was about it. If this was what Christian was talking about, he must really be over thinking it. He did realize that the pipes in the houses had probably busted with the random power outage right?
He must be really over thinking this, did he not realize that? I looked at him for a few moments, he looked dead on serious at what it was that he was looking at. I shook my head at him, I felt a bit bad more him, he was going crazy. But weren't we all?
"You don't notice that there is piss in the bottom of the wood?" He asked me. I looked at him for a few moments, I did not realize that it was pee, but that still did not really stand out for me. It could have been going down the system when the power had gone out.
I looked at the piss that was laying there for a few moments, Christian then began moving towards it. I looked at him, I was quite a bit confused, why would he want to be moving anywhere near towards piss? I moved back quite a bit disgusted now.
He then went down in his knees, and he put his finger into the pee. I looked at him a bit confused as to what it was that he was doing. Suddenly he licked the spot on his finger that he had just put into piss. I moved back a little bit disgusted, why would any man ever want to lick piss?
"Christian! If that is piss why would you want to taste it?" I asked him. He got up from off of the ground, walking out of the crawl space. He then looked at me for a few moments, before he closed the door to the crawl space. He did not have a smile on his face, this was not some sort of weird sick joke to him, which he often liked to do.
I told him that it would get him killed at some point, but he always kept on doing them. This time, he did not have a smile on his face, he was not joking about whatever it was that was going on in his head right now. I was so confused still, as to why he was tasting piss.
"Sometimes, you have to test stuff like that out... That piss is recent..." He said to me. I looked at him for a few seconds, it was still a bit nasty to me, but I suppose it made sense, what he was saying at least. I wondered who he had learned that from?
I was still a fair bit confused, what did he mean by recent? The attack had not really happened that long ago, if by recent, he meant 2 days ago... Like he often did when he said things like "someone has been here recently." Then yes, of course... That would make sense...
"Christian... The power went out randomly all across the community, it could just be a pipe that broke... You are over thinking it..." I told him. He looked at me for a few moments, and then he began to stroke his chin with his fingers.
I rolled my eyes at him, there he was again, thinking about what it could possibly be. I shook my head, now I was the one that was getting annoyed about the other person thinking too much about a certain thing. I just wanted to get out of here, we were taking way too long...
"That might be true... But the piss was recent, as in less than 24 hours ago..." He said to me. I took in what he said for a few moments, with a bit or a grain of salt. Then I began thinking about it. What he had said, it was recent piss... There was only one reasoning for it.
It made sense now I suppose, someone had been here, he was not joking when he said that he had heard footsteps of a dead inside the house. Someone had been in here, someone that had a gun... How had they gotten out of the house while using the hard lock?
There were only 3 people that knew that there was a key under the door mat, that was me, Angela, and Liam... It made sense I suppose, if Liam had gotten out of the daycare, this is the first place that he would have gone to. I shook my head thinking about it as well.
There was no way that Liam would have been able to kill Lilly. He was too afraid of the dead, not to mention the fact that there was no way that he could have killed her with a brick. How? There was only 1 reasoning now, whoever had done it was hiding somewhere in the other room.
"So... Someone is still in the house? Do you think they used the toilet, and tried to flush it, but it did not go through the pipes correctly?" I asked him. He looked at me for a few moments, and then he lifted the lamp up opening the door back to the crawl space to look around.
I saw just what he was looking at right away. He had his head up to the ceiling of the crawl space, that was a smart idea. The piss would have gone through that to land at the bottom of the wood. I looked at it for a few seconds, but I just could not quite tell.
"The piss did not drip through the ceiling... So someone had to have pissed in there." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, and then I nodded to him. So someone was here, but who was it? My mind went back to when I had found Chester in the bathrooms.
He had pissed himself in there, but someone like Chester could not have pissed in here... Chester was far to big to be sitting in the crawl space. I could not think of it, whoever it must be must be a lot younger... I was so lost, but at the same time it was also starting to make a lot more sense to me.
"So... You think that Liam must have been in here? No one else could fit in this thing, without having the door open at least." I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments, thinking through the possibilities in his head for just a few more moments.
Eventually he nodded to me, looking at the piss once again, he went down on the ground, and he stretched his arm out once again. He then put his finger into the piss, just like he had done a few minutes ago. This time I expected it and it did not disgust me as much this time.
He then picked himself up, pulling himself slowly out of the crawl space. Once he was up, he left the door open this time, but he looked back to me. Rubbing his chin once again, he was trying to think about what it could possibly be.
"The piss, it is from a younger kid... I believe that Liam might have been in the house, if he still is not... I am trying to think of how all this could be true just like you, so give me some time to think through it in my brain." He said to me. I looked at him, and then I nodded. I then walked over to a nearby chair, and sat down in it.
He just stood still, and he closed the crawl space once again. Hopefully for the last time, I did not want to be near that thing again. I hated dark and enclosed areas like that. I could tell that Christian was really thinking through how all of this could be true.
I suppose I should be doing the same as well, stuff like this was probably new to him just as much as it was too me. I closed my eyes for a few moments, trying to think, and not have the lamp glaring in on my eyes.
There were so many possibilities, just none of them were adding up... If Angela had been here, and she had found Liam, and saved him... That meant that Shannon was lying about them taking Angela... Honestly that really would not surprise me as well.
It only made sense, Angela would be strong enough to kill Lilly with a brick. I just, did not know what to believe any more, there were so many lies, I did not know what was true, or what was false. I looked up at Christian, and I figured I ought to give him my insights on the subject.
"It can't be Angela, unless Shannon was lying... Someone had to come in, they were looking for Liam... I don't know who that could be though..." I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments, he then began thinking to himself once again.
He had probably not counted in the fact that Shannon could be lying about all of this. It would not surprise me either, my sister had told me a lot of theories about Shannon. Saying that she was an evil leader, and she had done things that were nothing but it.
"I don't think Shannon is lying... If someone was looking for your brother, I do not know who it could be, and it had to be recent... There is only one other place we can look now." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, a bit confused as to what it was that he was trying to get at.
Then the pieces of the puzzle began to click for me, I nodded to him, I understood what he meant. I looked back at the front door of the garage, it was hard to see, even if there was light in outside, there were no windows to the garage at all.
"Lets go then... Liam, he is still alive, someone has him, either way, I think he might be in safe hands..." I said to Christian. He looked at me for a few moments, thinking about what I had just said to him. Then he nodded to me, as he began to walk over to the front door.
I followed him, walking up the still very loud and creaking steps. Once we were up, I walked right near the pool of blood on the ground, and then I thankfully stopped myself just before I stepped into it, just like I had done not too long ago.
"I don't think Liam is here, if so, he would have responded to us at this point, so just be prepared... Whatever we might find it there, could be the last step to being able to find him." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, and then I closed my eyes.
I just trying to concentrate my breathing as best as I could. I had to calm down, just take long deep breathes as best as I could. This was it, this was the end, it was all or nothing... My brother alive, and he was not far away from me... At least Angela had not gone to those extents of evil.
I then opened my eyes, and I nodded to Christian, to let him know that I was ready. He nodded back to me, he looked at me, still not sure if I was ready, but he then began to walk to the hallway that we had just been sitting at, not too long ago.
As I began walking behind him, I realized that I had forgotten the pool of Lilly's blood that was on the kitchen floor. I stepped right into it with both of my feet, I cursed myself, but then I just kept on walking with Christian. Seeing him move closer to Lilly's dead body with the lamp lighting up the room.
I quickly caught back up to him, and once we were at the front door, both of us looked down at the dead body of Lilly once again. I closed my eyes, looking down on it. I then shook my head, I did not need to keep worrying about it, it was over now... She was gone, there was no going back.
Christian then began to open up the door, through the door handle, but it did no such luck. It was clearly locked, which also made sense as to why the door was smashed open as well... Not that the dead could open up doors anyways... At least I hoped...
Christian looked back at me for a few moments, and then he nodded to me. I was a bit confused as to what he was getting at... Was he trying to say there was no way in to the door? All you needed was a utensil from the kitchen to unlock that door, it really was not that hard.
"Im going to unlock the door from the bottom if the hole, you be ready with your gun... We still need to be careful." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, and then I nodded to him. Once he had made sure that I was ready, he then turned his head back to the door.
He then stuck his head through the hole, half expecting to get shot at, but luckily he was okay, as he then unlocked the door and then opened it, I put my gun up, nearly pressing on the trigger, which would have raised a whole lot of hell...
Once he made sure it was safe, me and him both walked into the room. I looked in the corner, seeing some bricks missing, from the pieces that Lilly said she was going to make a shed with, she was always talking about building one.
I shook my head, trying to stop thinking about all the memories that I had with Lilly... The faster that I got over that, then the happier that I would end up being. I then looked at the other parts of the room. I realized that Christian had his eyes locked on something...
I squinted my eyes to see what it was, I then noticed what it was that he was looking at right away. My heart began to pound, there was a handprint, covered in blood, right at the door knob to the closet, clearly a young boys. Me and Christian both slowly began moving towards it, side by side.
I then heard quiet footsteps move around from the inside of the closet, I could not tell if it was one of the dead, or if for some reason a living person was just sitting inside that closet. Christian then whispered to me, words that I already knew to be true...
"Ben... I believe... Someones in there..."