Chapter 8: Time to go Pt. 2

I looked at Christian for a few moments, and then I sighed. I just wanted to go back to sleep, I was tired of all of this, but this was going to be the rest of my life, so I may as well just go ahead and get used to it I suppose.
I looked over at my brother, he was still asleep, I wish that Christian had not decided to get up so early... Sure maybe it was important to the community, but I wanted my brother to get some sleep, he had not looked like he had slept at all in that closet, he had been there for quite some time to be fair.
I still had yet to find out if Liam was the one to finish off Lilly, everything I had learned so far, had basically told me that he was the one to do it. I just did not want to believe it quite yet I suppose. He was too young for that kind of shit, it made me feel sick.
He would never be able to get over that, and I knew it. It made sense though, there was no one else in the place, he had blood on his hands, from picking up the brick and hitting her with it I would suppose. It had to be him, and it made me feel even worse.
"You get him up, I don't want to be the one to do it." Christian said to me. It brought me back to earth, I knew that he could not read my thoughts, even though I sometimes thought that he had that ability, but it was times like this were I knew he did not.
I had not even been thinking about that, I had been thinking about my brother however. He did not need to worry about my brother waking up either, my brother was not like most kids, when you woke him up, he would get up, and he would not fight you on it.
I nodded to my mentor, and then I turned my head back over to my brother. I wanted him to get a bit more sleep, but we did need to get back to Shannon to be fair. I began to nudge against my brother to try to get him to get up.
After a few moments of nothing, I saw him open his eyes. My face was the first thing that he got to see, and it made him smile. He must have been so lonely and scared hiding in that closet for so long. I also knew how much my brother loved me and my sister.
I winced a little bit at the thought of my sister, but thankfully neither of them seemed to notice it at all. I watched as my brother pulled the blanket from off of him and he lifted himself up, I could tell that he was tired, but unlike most kids, he did not say anything about it to us.
He began to stretch, I did as well, and me and him both got up from the bed at the same time. Christian looked at both of us, and he nodded to us to make sure that we were ready to go. I nodded back at him, Liam took a few moments, but he did the same as well.
"Where are we going to?" Liam said to Christian. Christian sat there for a few moments, as if he had not thought that deep into it. He had probably just thought that we were all going to Lilly's, but that was too far to take Liam, especially with the dead all around us none the less.
I looked out of the window, walking over to the blinds just to see a little bit, but not too far as to where the dead that were in the community could see me. I did not see as many as I did the last couple of days, but there were still a couple roaming around the streets as far as I could see.
I looked at them, maybe we could make it back to Shannon's... Christian then began to talk back to Liam. I turned my head to hear what it was that he had to say to me and my brother. I hoped that he would just let us drop him off at our normal house.
"Well... Me and your brother are going to be heading over to Shannon's place. But I suppose we probably need to drop you off back home... Ben, do you have enough food and water for Liam to make it a couple of days?" Christian said to us, and then he looked at me at the last part.
I looked at him for a few moments, and then I nodded to him. Thankfully I had checked the fridge and the cabinets before I had decided to go on this expedition over to Lilly's place, and I saw that there was plenty of bread, and other foods that we could eat, since the power was out and we could not cook our food.
Not to mention the fact that the meat had probably already gone bad up to this point anyways. Liam looked at me, I could tell that he did not know as well, so I went ahead and decided that I would be straight forward with all of them.
"Yes... We've got food and water for a few days... I will make sure that Chester keeps Liam safe. What is the plan when we get to Shannon's?" I said, making sure that Liam was going to be okay, and then I looked over at Christian waiting for his response.
Christian looked like he wad about to talk, but Liam talked over him before he had the chance to get a word out of his mouth. I turned my head over to my brother, to see what it was that he had to say about all of the plans that we were setting up, to make sure that he stayed safe while we did our job.
"Okay Ben... Who is Chester? I have never heard of him before." Liam asked me. I looked at him, remembering that he was still a young age right now, he had been even younger when I used to hang out with Jordan and all of the rest of them.
It would make sense as to why the name did not sound familiar to him at all. I had not hung out with Jordan and all of them for quite some time, the group kind of split off when Jordan began to start to work outside the walls. That was not the main reason why I stopped hanging out with all of them however.
I just got too depressed from losing to many people, I began to feel helpless, like I had no chance in the world, now I knew that not to be true, but I remember those dark times in my life like it was yesterday...
No be fair, it basically was yesterday, it all started changing when I began to go out of the walls... Now I did not feel useless at all, it always put a smile on my face and lit up my day, just always being able to see new places and knowing that I had someone at my side that was going to keep me safe.
I blinked, realized that both of them were looking at me, just waiting for me to speak. Christian coughed, he could tell that my mind was in a different place, as it tended to be. Sometimes I wish I could just stop thinking so much, about so many different things.
"Chester, he is one of my friends, back when I used to hang out with Jordan, you were very little, you would not remember it at all." I said to Liam. He looked at me for a few moments, and then he nodded to me. Looking down at the ground.
I felt bad for him, while I did not have many friends, my brother only had one other friend. I wondered if he had seen something happen to his friend when he had been in the daycare when the place had gotten attacked. I closed my eyes, just trying not to think deep into it at all.
"Alright... I think we have done enough talking, lets get on the road... It should not take us too long to get there." Christian said to us. I looked down at the ground for a few moments longer. Then I looked up at my mentor, and I nodded to him.
He was right, we had just been sitting here for to long, I was ready to go now, it was better for me, I needed to get my mind off of all that I was thinking on at the moment. I looked up at my mentor and nodded, looking at my brother to make sure he was okay.
He did not look okay, and I knew it was only going to get worse once we walked through the door of the bedroom, and he saw the body of Lilly lying down on the floor. I went up to my brother, and then put a hand on his shoulder, just to let him know that he was going to be okay, and that I was here for him.
"Come on Liam... Let's go, I am sorry that all of this happened, but we cannot be here any longer, it will only make you feel worse." I said to my brother. He sat there for a few moments longer, and I felt even worse for him. I had tried to make him feel a bit better, but it seemed to do no such work.
However, after a few moments, he looked back up at me. He then smiled at me, but it looked more like a smile of pain. I could not blame him, at least he was trying to keep his head up still. I wiped a tear off of his face, and then I picked myself up from off of my knees.
Liam stopped my just before I began to follow Christian to the doorway, he had one last thing that he had to say to me, just before we headed on our little quest, to take my brother back home, and to make sure that he was safe before we headed on back over to Shannon's.
"Is Angela okay? She dropped me off at the daycare a few hours before the attack happened." He said to me. I looked at him, I was a bit surprised to hear that from him, it changed my whole point of view about how this had all gone down in just a little snap.
I could tell that Christian was thinking the same thing, I thought that she betrayed us. There were so many questions racing through my mind right now, I could not think through all of it right now. I closed my eyes, and then I looked back over at Christian as he began to speak back to my brother.
"Angela... She is with the other community, they took her in..." He said to my brother. My brothers head dropped straight to the ground right away. I felt a bit bad for him, but I looked back up to Christian as he said my name. "Ben... Now that we know that, we will find out more about it when we get over to Shannon's..."
I looked at Christian and then I nodded to him. I looked at my brother, and then I began to hold his hand, he needed to follow me, we really had to leave at this point, we had wasted so much time as is, I could tell that my brother was in a lot of pain, even though he was doing fairly good of hiding it.
"Ben... We will find out more in the next couple of days, at least she is safe, that can not be said for many others." I said to him. Liam did not say anything about it, nor did he show any emotions about what I had just said to him.
It was as I had feared, he was beginning to lose hope, he was losing a sense of feelings... I knew it was going to happen, I knew that know kid at that age could recover from what he had to do, he had no other choice but to do it or die. I looked back over at Christian, he was beginning to get a bit antsy, I could hear it in his voice.
"Alright you 2, I am for real this time, it is time to go."